PDA

View Full Version : YT125 help

Unclediezel
10-31-2006, 09:52 PM
Ok ---I got my crankshaft fixed, New gaskets, Mild hone to clean up a few very minor scratches, new rings and bolted it all back together. It Ran absolutely great for 2 or three days. Ran it out of gas----( OOPS....MY BAD). Pulled the carb, "DIP TANKED" it overnight, Blew it all out, and put it back. Now it breaks up Horriblly before 1/4 throttle , Idles smooth but way to slow. Ive done 50 or 60 carb rebuilds without issue, and I didnt do anything different this time. Ive taken it apart ten times to double check--but cant find anything I overlooked. Compression is 155...... plug is New and chops come out ok , Maybe a "TAD" rich.

I Know "S**T HAPPENS" But Im Stumped....What did I do Wrong?

jbobon007
11-03-2006, 12:00 AM
Did you check your reed valves (maybe broken pettal)?? Just replace mine in my YT125 and she runs so much smoother ! Or do you have an inline fuel filter ? Are the carb settings in right position (needle clip, air screw, etc)

John

Unclediezel
11-03-2006, 12:06 AM
I Goofed. Theres another thread.

The reeds are PERFECT.....Absolutely no gaps, Suck on the carb end ..Absolutely No leaks.... Can they possibly be "TOO PERFECT"-????? Too Tight? To Restrictive??
Lost tyhere "SPRINGINESS"?

jbobon007
11-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Yes they do loose springiness. Way to much flex. How about flipping over the reed valves (take them off there mount and turn over)

John

Unclediezel
11-03-2006, 11:18 PM
Tried it.......I'm still using the Metal stockers,Flipped em turned em , bent em , cleaned em, bent em again, Checked the stopper clearance, Checked the gaps with a Halide flashlight................................Carb is correct, and Ignition resistances all check out, "Scoped the ignition" and cant find a damn thing out of place.

Sorry to Babble guys......I'm just at my nerves end... Next is part it out on E-Bay