PDA

View Full Version : Teachin' 'em right

ccdhowell
10-29-2006, 02:54 PM
Went for a ride yesterday, got a little muddy. Here's my pit crew at work...and pics of my never-before-seen Tecate.

Hope ya'll don't rag me about my tank. When I bought it it had one of those green vinyl covers on it and I didn't like it so I took it to a guy that covers atvs with camo and had him camo the tank. I think it turned out quite nice. Rest assured, I'm not going to camo the fenders.

theonlyjosh
10-29-2006, 02:57 PM
very nice tecate, looks like it's gunna be nice and clean too.. although i think it would look better ALL camo or no camo,... all one colour is best.

BigGreenMachine
10-29-2006, 03:13 PM
That looks sweet! Love the six pack rack and camo tank cover.

scooterroo
10-29-2006, 06:10 PM
whats the tank cover made of? is it a laminate or an actual cover? also what kinda silencer is that on there? nice t3 by the way.

ccdhowell
10-29-2006, 09:47 PM
The camo tank cover is a vinyl sticky paper that this guy printed the pattern on and then used some 3M plastic primer stuff, a heat gun and two of his buddies to stretch and adhere this stuff to the tank. Guy said it wouldn't come off. The same guy that did my tank does all the camo for the 4x4 atvs sold by a Honda dealer here in town. I like the way it turned out.

The silencer is a DG Type II with a Cobra Sparky on it. It's too loud for my taste. But I'm unwilling to plunk down $110+ right now to try something else. What silencer are you using? Is it quiet? Ever heard a FMF turbine core2 universal silencer on anything? Are they quite?

mymint87
10-29-2006, 10:25 PM
wont' rag you about your camo.............

:postwhore BUT:postwhore

THIS is "Teaching 'em Right"...............:welcome:

maggiesboy
10-29-2006, 11:55 PM
nice tecate, even with the camo tank cover

ceaserthethird
10-30-2006, 07:51 PM
What kind of soap are u using ???

ccdhowell
10-31-2006, 09:38 AM
Huh, what soap?

Mequiers FX car wash, why?