PDA

View Full Version : Getting closer, Project YTM-X? YTM-Z?

thefox
10-26-2006, 09:08 PM
Well I still need a name for it but the suspended YTM project has started moving forward. I was home over the weekend and got some parts blasted and painted, still need to do the frame, foot brake, and shock spring. When painting the spring do I need to use special paint or will normal paint work?

So far it is looking a lot better then when I picked it up from freaksfix at the beginning of the summer. This kit has seen a lot of use and abuse, the pivot bolt holes have been re-welded and one of the brackets has been welded, there is also 2 small cracks starting on the to shock mount that will have to be welded. The PO had welded extension brackets to the top shock mount and then cut fins off the top of the shock so that it would clear the old mounting point. I am guessing this will lower it down a bit, should be interesting to see how she sits.

Looks like I might be joining team Yamaha on the MX track at Trike Fest! :w00t:

edog
10-27-2006, 08:54 PM
Got anymoe pics?

traxxasx
10-28-2006, 05:54 AM
Get that thing rolling, we need updates. Get on it should be bad!

thefox
10-28-2006, 06:29 PM
No more pictures, or at least not until I go home in December. It should be rolling by Jan. 1 then will get tires to match once I see how it sits so I can pick the size. The rest of the mods. will come later.

Bryan Raffa
10-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Yes!!! Team Yamaha!!!!! In 07!!!!!!