PDA

View Full Version : tri zinger

rintin
10-26-2006, 06:35 PM
I have messed with this tri zinger for to long. I cleaned the carb and put a new plug in. The mods I have done is open air filter and drilled the exhaust out to open it up. It has the less restrictive exhaust gasket. Well one of my questions is the choke cable is froze up so does the plunger need to stay in or come out to turn choke off? I am pretty sure it needs to stay in. I cant get the dang thang to run good after about 1/4 throttle takes off real good. I had the thing running at one time half way good. It would just cut out a little bit and then pick back up you had to work the throttle. At that time I had the plunger out on the choke, and it leaked gas from the inlet on the carb that accepts the fuel line not for sure if this stuff helped it to run. Well I decided I needed it to get it runnin right so I went and bought another used carb, and a jet reemer tool to make the main jet bigger. So I worked the main jet, and I think I went to far because it just kinda fell off where as before it was sputtering. I checked plug and it had oil on it. No big deal if I went to far because I have another carb with a jet, and I can resodder the jets. So I put the stock one back in thinking it would run like it did before with the carb leak and the plunger out of the choke. Well it didnt I tried with plunger in and out it would start, but was really weak seem to smoke more. I have gas mixed at 32:1 oil injector removed,and I plugged oil injector on my carb, maybe I was supposed to leave that open for air, dont no. I checked the plug with the stock main jet in, and it had oil on it smelled like gas. Right now I have stock jet in there now ready to do again just didnt no if I might have other problems. I dont understand why there is oil on the plug with the stock main jet in I would think it would be white. I used a new plug while doing all this. Sorry for the long confusing post I just tried to list everything Ive done. Thanks

rintin
10-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Well I guess I will answer half my questions. I am pretty sure my rings are bad. So I am going to rebuild. I'm getting ready to pull the head and measure. I looked up wiseco pistons and I had to look under pw50. Will this piston work? Also they sell pistons from 40.0, 40.5, 41.0, and 41.5mm. So how close do you want the piston to sit in there? For example, if I measure the wall at 40.6, would I have to go with a 41.0mm piston and what would the cylinder have to be exactly 41.0mm, or just a little over like 41.1? I have never rebuilt a motor I watched my buddy rebuild a 2 stroke, and it didnt look to bad. I figured this little 2 stroke would be a good learning project. I just want to make sure I only have to do it once at least for a while. I was also going to maybe port and polish the head. Is this something I can do on my own? I wasn't going to go to far with it just wanted to clean it up. I was also going to get some boysen reeds. Any help would be great. Thanks