PDA

View Full Version : Maier plastic on 250SX

longbedGTs
10-26-2006, 12:29 PM
Who has Maier rear fenders on their 250SX? Im looking at their pic and I dont see where there are holes for where the rear rack goes through. Umm, wtf?
Pics of it installed would be most helpful! Thanks!

Dave223
10-26-2006, 01:26 PM
I have Maiers on my wifes Sx, this is the best pic I have of it at this time.. They do fit really good, there are holes for the flares on the side and rear. However, there is no tool box provision or any other holes other than the fender flares, I dont even see depressions to drill the holes Sorry it isnt better, but it gives you a basic idea of what it looks like.I will see if I can get a better pic of the rear.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/bethrcno/trikes/sx_after2.jpg

Dave223
10-26-2006, 01:40 PM
pics of the rear of the fenders, hope this helps:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/bethrcno/trike001-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/bethrcno/trike002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/bethrcno/trike003.jpg

longbedGTs
10-26-2006, 01:59 PM
I wonder why they dont come with holes(or atleast a re-enforced area) for the rear rack. Im guessing its because not everyone wants a rack on theirs. I guess holes could be drilled...but I dont want to compromise the strength of the plastic in that area. Hmmm.
Well, thanks again for the pics! They answered all my questions! :beer

*edit*
I forgot...does the area where the kick start folds against the plastic line up good?

SYKO
10-26-2006, 02:33 PM
hey leave them racks off!! sx's look like mini 350x's without racks on them, they look sweeettt!!!

Dave223
10-26-2006, 02:42 PM
here is the other side, same Maier fenders, just taken the night I bought it, before I cleaned it up. The kicker does line up pretty good.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/bethrcno/trikes/sx4.jpg
This trike I bought for 500.00, So far I made a diamond plate aluminum heat shield for the exhaust, polished up the rims and forks, cleaned and cleaned and cleaned, replaced the front tire, rim and hub with whats on the top pic(250r or 350x?), cleaned it a little more, took off the rear bumper pads for a chevy truck/ mud flaps:naughty: , cleaned it some more, welded up a leak in the tank and painted it, and did I mention that I cleaned it a little?

This is the only trike I will never part with. I can pull my trailer with it, ride wheelies forever, race my daughter on her 300ex at the local track, and since its my wifes, let her ride it occasionally:lol: and it has electric start and reverse to boot! Dave

200xman
10-26-2006, 08:02 PM
The factory fenders don't have holes for the racks either. Bust out the hole saw and go to town.

longbedGTs
10-26-2006, 08:14 PM
200xman: How did they install the rack then with no holes? (not trying to sound sarcastic)
The 86 SX did come with a factory rear rack, correct?

Dave: I paid $500 for mine too! Not in perfect shape. Picture Chucky in 'The Bride Of Chucky' with all the stiches on his face. Thats how these rear fenders look with all the zip ties. :rolleyes:
Oh yeah, I try wheelies with it in 2nd gear but can only stay up for about 3 seconds at the most! :eek: Yeah, Im a beginner, hence my user title. :cry:
Heres a pic when I bought it(still looks the same).

Dave223
10-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Nice Sx, after riding the hardtails for years, its nice to have suspension, e-start, and reverse!! My old back cant handle all the boucing around anymore. As far as wheelies, just lean waaayyy back an hit it when you shift, I can do 1-2-3- but nothing after that...
I was always under the assumption that the rear rack was an accessory? I could be wrong. Dave

longbedGTs
10-26-2006, 09:15 PM
Ok Dave, you are right. I just looked over my 86 250SX brochure and it does list 'rear carrier' as optional equipment. Also...rubber footpegs, trailer hitch(which mine has), ATV flag kit, body cover, front carrier, headlight protector, speedometer/odometer, and rear mud guards which look hideous as the picture shows.
No scanner, sorry. :(

200xman
10-27-2006, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=longbedGTs]200xman: How did they install the rack then with no holes? (not trying to sound sarcastic)
QUOTE]

They were optional and I'm sure Honda sent a template of where to drill. I had to put holes im my OEM fenders to mount my rack and had to mock it up/guess to get the right placement.

longbedGTs
10-30-2006, 10:12 AM
I ordered the front and rear fenders yesterday. Im still debating whether or not to leave the rear rack off but I will see how it looks first. Hopefully not too bad...

longbedGTs
11-07-2006, 11:31 AM
Well, I got the plastic yesterday and installed it along with some new stickers from Harlan. It looks soooooo much better! I wish I had a pic, but alas, no camera. I also recovered the seat with vinyl from Ball-Fart. Its a little darker than stock, but looks pretty good. Ill have to get syk to snap a pic. It woke this beast up! :w00t:

Dave223
11-07-2006, 09:29 PM
makes you feel like you have a new trike doesnt it?!
Get some pics, Id like to see it

PitboyJohn
11-07-2006, 11:34 PM
i've got maier plastic on my sx too,right now im fabricating a rack support coming down to the back of the skid plate behind the footpegs,kinda like fender guards on a 4 wheeler.i dont wanna drill the plastic like stock cause it weakens it too much,this way here it'll protect the plastic from damage and im gonna cut up a black crazy carpet and attatch for extra mud coverage.i'll post pics when im done.