PDA

View Full Version : trimoto 125 running too lean

zoomerman
10-24-2006, 04:18 PM
well my friend aquired a 85 trimoto 125. Five years ago the motor was rebulit top and bottom end but when it was finshed it would only idle and once you hit the gas it would die so it was put in a shed until my friend dug it out. he cleaned the darb it's spotless but he can't adjust the carb there it's no place to he says? thanks for the help

Evan

Unclediezel
10-24-2006, 06:59 PM
tere is a thumbwheel in the center of the carb, and just to the right of it is the pilot air screw. 1-1/2 turns out from bottomed, then adjust the idle speed. Check the vent tubes off the carb for blockage, and try revving it with the fuel cap off.Provided the carb was cleaned properly, sounds like a fuel supply issue. also in the tank are screens at the base of the petcock. make sure they are clean. also check to see if the stator plate was put on correctly, and the key isnt sheared off in the crank.

jason 32
10-25-2006, 03:30 PM
i have a 175 havent messed with it yet- dont they have a pressurized fuel pump system?? check all the hoses
he cleaned it and said thers no adjustment?? lolol- sounds like your in trouble lol
uncle is right the set screw is on it the choke is on the left side too
make sure the pilot jet is clean