PDA

View Full Version : What in the hell happened to this?

Yamahauler
10-24-2006, 01:20 AM
I just finished tearin the big red im parting out apart.

So much for having a good rear diff....

Is this melted?? It had the skidplate on it and everything, looks like a hole was melted in it, then someone screwed a piece of tin on there, and JB welded it all up...I didnt leak oil either! and the diff was still funtional.

I chisled all the jb weld off to see how this redneck fixed it...

If anyone needs the ring gear or pinion, PM me...they might still be good...havent opened it yet.

traxxasx
10-24-2006, 03:51 AM
Holy crap melted it the word.

200xman
10-24-2006, 06:26 AM
That is corrosion. Any chance that thing was by salt or salt water. Looks like salt and mud got packed up in the skidplate and ate it away.

Howdy
10-24-2006, 07:53 AM
Yep, that is good ole corrosion damage. I am interested in the assembly if your selling. If your wanting to fix the machine up I should have a set of cases. Let me know either way.
Thanks
Howdy

atctim
10-24-2006, 08:21 AM
looks like corrosioin along with JB weld to me.

MathGSR98
10-24-2006, 08:23 AM
scurvy :wondering

scooterroo
10-24-2006, 08:25 AM
wow, amazing. yeah that thing looks like it has definately seen its better days. gotta love them cobjob redneck fixxes. jb weld, ducktape in chemical form!!!

troy
10-24-2006, 09:26 AM
living next to salt water most of my life, i'v seen this alot. That my friend looks to be as 100 percent corrosion. usely because some one rides the beaches and afterwards throws the bike in the shed, garage what ever and doesn't wash it down with fresh water. Right now i say there's four or five bikes here where i live that look some thing like the picture you posted.

Yamahauler
10-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Well around here in mb, there isnt much salt on roads on stuff, cars dont corrode very often, maybe this bike came from east coast possibly...
Howdy, the bike is being parted, motor and front end are gone already....PM me if your interested in this jem.

ATCwithdrawals
10-24-2006, 07:49 PM
I was wondering if the battery vent hose might of been hanging down in that general area and dribbled out from being overcharged from a battery charger while still hooked up in the bike??

Yamahauler
10-24-2006, 09:26 PM
Maybe, actually when I got this bike, the battery had a hole worn through it from the tire rubbing on it...

troy
10-24-2006, 09:35 PM
LOL sounds like there was a set of tires on the bike that shouldn't of been, or a bigger battery installed, or the battery came out on the bracket. where did this bike come from originally?

MTS
10-24-2006, 10:11 PM
Hmmmm looks to me the problem would be it being owned by someone named Cory.....who that is i dont know.

freaksfix
10-24-2006, 11:10 PM
Ive found bikes aroud here like that. They were farm bikes that would get cow crap packed in them and it would rot foot pegs off and holes in the frames.. Cow crap=corrosion...

Yamahauler
10-25-2006, 12:49 AM
Yep, it came from a farm, looks like it had a rough life...when i got it, we tried starting it once, found it had no spark, and was missing half the electrical...front axle was snapped, hubs were worn, seat was gone, footpegs and handle bars were bent.

Im glad i didnt start throwing money at it, after finding all this other crap.

Yamahauler
10-25-2006, 12:52 AM
LOL sounds like there was a set of tires on the bike that shouldn't of been, or a bigger battery installed, or the battery came out on the bracket. where did this bike come from originally?
oh wiat...now that i think of it, that was my yamaha 225 i bought that i parted out...arent big red batterys under the seat??

The 225 one is right beside the tire, the guy must have not installed it right, but it looks like he put a lot of miles on it rubbing the tire against it, it wore the corner right off it...

3bogger
10-25-2006, 01:04 PM
Ive found bikes aroud here like that. They were farm bikes that would get cow crap packed in them and it would rot foot pegs off and holes in the frames.. Cow crap=corrosion...

i took my 185 in a mud bog that was where an old pasture was and pretty much any exposed metal instantly rusted. im bettin thats what happend.