PDA

View Full Version : 250sx carb

bigb9582
10-23-2006, 07:11 PM
i have a 85 250sx. when i got it would bogg a little bit then clear out. so i got a moose carb rebuild kit and put it in today.
i clean everthing good and put every new seal, jet, etc.. in. it would start up and idle great but anything passed a 1/4 throttle would bogg out and shut off. i put the needle in every notch- nothing changed, messed with the one screw (forget what it called)- nothing changed, tried old jets with new jets- nothing. so i put everything that came out back in and put everything to the settings i started with but the needle because i dont remember the notch it was in, so its in the 2nd notch. now it runs like it did, just boggs a little more but clears out and runs fine.
i looked at the jets that came in it and there bigger then the ones in the kit. the ones it the kit match the jets it calls for in my manual.
so why does it need bigger jets to run? and how do i fixed the slight bogging? thanx for any help.

Dads
10-23-2006, 08:17 PM
what are the numbers on the side of the carb.

bigb9582
10-23-2006, 09:33 PM
i will have to look tomarrow. ill also get the jet sizes that came in it.

Tri-ZNate
10-23-2006, 11:14 PM
my buddy got a moose jet kit for his raptor and the biggest size they gave him was a 140. gave him every jet up to that size and his stock one was a 142.5, I guess moose is just retarded. use the jets you had before and move the needle one notch (cant remeber which way) to lean it out some. That should eliminate the bog

Dads
10-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Top notch on needle is Lean, bottom rich

bigb9582
10-24-2006, 05:47 PM
ok carb no. is -03AAYJ7-2nd A is in a square and the number (7) on the end looks like a 7 but not sure kinda faded, and there is a QA above the number.
the jets that came in it is as follows
needle- 5MB
pilot- no number but is shorter than the new
slow- 35
main- 142

the new jets are
needle- d106
pilot- longer than old
slow- 38
main- 130

the seal on the choke plunger broke would that cause it to run for a few min. then stall? when it stall i have to let it sit for a min then it starts back up and does it over again.
the dang thing ran before i put the new kit in. now all the old stuff is in and it still barly runs. i clean the carb several times after this with no help.
it ran me 3 years with the slight 1/2 throttle bogg and now it barly runs. i know the carb is not dirty because it got cleaned every year i just thought i had bad jets. sorry for rantin i just frustrated.

Tri-ZNate
10-24-2006, 05:51 PM
is there anything aftermarket done to it or is it pure stock? That 142 is way too high.

bigb9582
10-24-2006, 06:18 PM
dont know engine wise, but it has a cone filter in place of the stock air box, i bought it that way 3 years ago. it ran with the 142 and wont run with the 130. now i cant get it to run very long at all.

does any one know the part number for the rubber seal on the choke plunger thing? i cant seem to find it.