PDA

View Full Version : ATC 90 front Axle

86200s
10-22-2006, 08:01 PM
How the hell do you change the bearings and seals in the front axle? I belive its a late 70's ATC 90, I bought the bearings and seals for it and cant figure out how to take it apart

atctim
10-23-2006, 08:23 AM
loosen the axel nut (both sides should have a nut - either one - does not matter) then there is a bushing with a collar that partially goes into the front forks. Pull it out, then the other side should just fall out (axle - wheel, and all). Once you get the nut loose, you'll see how it comes apart. Then pull the axle out, and you have full access to your bearings and seals.

86200s
10-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Are you talking about the Collar that is in bearing carrier? I took the assembly off the front forks already, its seized up bad, its a lil resto project I got going on for a friend, I'll screw with it some more when I get home this evening

Thanks

86200s
10-23-2006, 05:49 PM
nevermind I figured it out, what you said was right, its just the thing was rusted shut, it took alot of strength and WD-40 to slip that thing off, it took me a good 5 min of just workin it back and forth with the WD-40, Thanks Alot for the help, should come to the fourms more often but I got into Honda Cars and my 3wheeler has been sitting for awhile but I start it up and give it a little ride every other week or so