PDA

View Full Version : SERIOUS inquires for aircooled atc250R 300cc pistons/rings wanted

250rBeast
10-17-2006, 02:56 AM
Most of you know Adam EastcoastATVLLC. Alot of you know he sells ATV/ATC parts at very fair prices and he is always exploring ideas to expand his product line for three wheelers. I know Adam is always looking for ways to expand the market for trike parts and I am greatful he came along since virtually no one is really interested in investing in the three wheeler aftermarket anymore. I proposed that perhaps he could, through his business contacts, produce big bore pistons, rings, and head gaskets for the air cooled atc250R. He is willing to explore the possbility but he would need to know that people really are interested in purchasing once the product is out. I know I would buy several sizes and I would pass the word to all my local motorcycle shops, acquaintances, etc. What is needed here is for SERIOUS folks interested in purchasing these parts to please respond. Only respond if you are serious, remember if he orders these parts and people don't come through, that is lost revenue on his part. People can lose alot of money when they take risks in business such as this. This man sells parts for profit sure, that's his business. I don't know of any person running a business whose goal isn't to make a profit to prosper. Thats great that he does, it provides us with parts at a reasonable price to keep the machines running. So please, no bashing about, "he's only in it for money, and so on." This thread is to advise people on this ATV forum of the possibility of acquiring some great long discontinued parts that many of us want. Last I recall no company is really willing to make these parts anymore unless some large order is placed in advance. Adam through his business contacts and associations with Wiseco and others, can make it happen because he is willing to expand and provide us with these long discontinued parts.
Please do not respond unless you are actually willing to pay for these parts if they come through, otherwise lets not waste this man's time or money.

Thanks for your time.

TtownJoeShow
10-17-2006, 05:50 AM
alright, so what would he charge for a $100 piston and rings? what would the markup b?
it sounds like a decent idea but i think some of us have figured out the big problem of the discontinued piston and rings! http://3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=58536

freaksfix
10-17-2006, 12:13 PM
Id be up for a first over bore kit... But like everything else,, how much.. Freaks

atctim
10-17-2006, 12:45 PM
I'm in the same boat with Freak - I'd be interested, but I need to know how much before I can commit. Let's see some prices to make this happen, then see who is in and who is not.

Macs
10-17-2006, 12:48 PM
he would definatley have to get the cost figured out first. If it is totally outragous then most if not all of us wouldnt be intrested. Whenever the price gets settled and he is still looking at getting them made then the best way to find out if people are serious about purchasing them or not is to ask for a deposit.

leetwanker
10-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Is this guy going to have cylinders or sleeves made to? I was looking to make my own big bore kit, but the lady at LA Sleeves told me only the standard sleeve for my cylinder was available. It's more than just pistons, rings, and gaskets, you gotta have something to put it all into/onto. And yes, price is everything sir. He's got some homework to do before you trying to sell things for him.

82300R
10-17-2006, 07:20 PM
if the price was fair sure i would purchase what i needed for the 300r aircooled. it would have to be 3rd over with rings etc. i already have 2nd over with rings and head gaskets waiting for that first blow.:naughty:

gotballs 250r 82
10-17-2006, 07:41 PM
Im in if the price is right

Dave223
10-17-2006, 07:59 PM
depends on the price but I have a complete 300 kit minus the piston and rings....lets talk $$$$ Dave

Bigbore
10-17-2006, 08:32 PM
Man! You guys complain about EVERYTHING! Not having the parts to complete your projects, it's too much money, etc. When someone comes to the table to discuss making the parts YOU want, all you do is complain and moan about the price! Maybe that's all you want to do is have somewhere to complain about life and the way you would like it to be. I mean, when I need something or want something bad enough I make it happen! What if this piston and ring set was $100, $200 or even $300? Is that going to stop you from getting what you want, or need, to complete a 300R and getting an extra 5 to 10 hp? If I had a 300 cc kit I'd drop a couple hundred to use it.

Most people and/or companies make products for people that will spend the money for the products. If there is money to be spent in the 3-wheeler community then people will make products for them. Maybe the reason nobody supports three wheelers anymore is because the cheap skates that own them are to cheap to pay market price for the parts. Hey, I like to get deals when I can too, but there are some things I would pay quite a bit for if it meant getting what I wanted. I know most people don't have the discretionary money to endlessly fund a project. I appreciate that. But don't complain about not having industry support. I see four wheeler owners drop $7,000 on a machine, another $1,500 in shocks, $600 on a pipe, and sometimes more on motor work. Most of you won't get serious about a number plate, Tecate bearing carriers, swingarms, etc. without saying "its nice but I don't have the money" or everybody has an opinion as exactly how they want it. One thing in production... You make a product that most everybody will buy and you need to make a lot of them. Just the time to design, program, proto-type and test can burn up a lot of time. Time is money. You can't make a slightly different product for each and every person that wants it just a little different.

I think that if someone comes to the table and is willing to fund a project, you don't have the right to put a price on what you think it's worth and then want to know what his markup is going to be???? What world are you living in?

The next time you complain about not having industry support and want someone to blame... GO LOOK IN THE MIRROR.

250rBeast
10-17-2006, 08:38 PM
Is this guy going to have cylinders or sleeves made to? I was looking to make my own big bore kit, but the lady at LA Sleeves told me only the standard sleeve for my cylinder was available. It's more than just pistons, rings, and gaskets, you gotta have something to put it all into/onto. And yes, price is everything sir. He's got some homework to do before you trying to sell things for him.

Please re-read my original message before posting your opinions regarding my supposed role, I am not trying to sell anything for him. I am not his associate nor his business partner, rather someone who expressed an idea. Kindly show where I stated anything about prices and such, I've never mentioned anything fiduciary regarding Mr. Coovers possible venture. Lately he has expressed desire to produce seat covers, exhaust pipes, etc. So I suggested that perhaps he could make 300R pistons, rings and such since they are discontinued and sought after. He wanted to know if the interest was out there before he commits his own money into production. I only typed this message as a favor to him, to see if there is in fact enough interest to justify Mr. Coover spending his money and having his associates produce the parts. If you want cylinders as well, why don't you ask him, I am quite positive that producing cylinders is not part of his original intent in this proposition nor was it mentioned. Common sense tells you that, yes you would need the special cylinder to use these parts, this proposition was regarding the piston, hardware needed to run in the cylinder. As far as pricing, it is up to him and I am certain that he will eventually see this and perhaps provide an estimate. Mr. Coover why don't you disregard this SIMPLE request, apparantly it causes confusion. If you do ever produce any, I would be happy to purchase from you.
If this message causes to much confusion amongst people on this site, please disregard it and delete it to its entirety. Have a nice day.

dizasterzrfun69
10-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Man! You guys complain about EVERYTHING! Not having the parts to complete your projects, it's too much money, etc. When someone comes to the table to discuss making the parts YOU want, all you do is complain and moan about the price! Maybe that's all you want to do is have somewhere to complain about life and the way you would like it to be. I mean, when I need something or want something bad enough I make it happen! What if this piston and ring set was $100, $200 or even $300? Is that going to stop you from getting what you want, or need, to complete a 300R and getting an extra 5 to 10 hp? If I had a 300 cc kit I'd drop a couple hundred to use it.

Most people and/or companies make products for people that will spend the money for the products. If there is money to be spent in the 3-wheeler community then people will make products for them. Maybe the reason nobody supports three wheelers anymore is because the cheap skates that own them are to cheap to pay market price for the parts. Hey, I like to get deals when I can too, but there are some things I would pay quite a bit for if it meant getting what I wanted. I know most people don't have the discretionary money to endlessly fund a project. I appreciate that. But don't complain then about not having industry support. I see four wheeler owners drop $7,000 on a machine, another $1,500 in shocks, $600 on a pipe, and sometimes more on motor work. Most of you won't get serious about a number plate, Tecate bearing carriers, swingarms, etc. without saying "its nice but I don't have the money" or everybody has an opinion as exactly how they want it. One thing in production... You make a product that most everybody will buy and you need to make a lot of them. Just the time to design, program, proto-type and test can burn up a lot of time. Time is money. You can't make a slightly different product for each and every person that wants it just a little different.

I think that if someone comes to the table and is willing to fund a project, you don't have the right to put a price on what you think it's worth and then want to know what his markup is going to be???? What world are you living in?

The next time you complain about not having industry support and want to blame someone... GO LOOK IN THE MIRROR.

soo your telling me youd pay $700 for some piston rings and a piston for a 300r kit? I didnt think so. its not that people are cheepskates on here. I'm sure there are several people that would pay $300 for a piston and rings for their 300 kit, I know i probablly would if i needed them and there was no alternative. IF we knew how much this stuff was going to sell for then we could comment on wether or not we'd buy them. I dont care what the "mark up is" or what his profit is, thats none of my business. All we need is a rough estimate as to what the price will be. If it was $200 or $300 for rings and piston im sure people would buy them, but not as many people would buy them if they were $400. Even more people would buy them if they sold for $150 or so. So if i understand you right then you want the people who would buy them to speak up and say they would buy them correct? Well here is one vote, i WOULD buy a piston and rings. Now if he goes and makes them and wants $350 or $400 for a piston and rings you cant get all pissed off at me for NOT buying one. as larry the cable guy says "thats like wiping your ass before you poop, it just dont make any sense"

TtownJoeShow
10-17-2006, 08:57 PM
soo your telling me youd pay $700 for some piston rings and a piston for a 300r kit? I didnt think so. its not that people are cheepskates on here. I'm sure there are several people that would pay $300 for a piston and rings for their 300 kit, I know i probablly would if i needed them and there was no alternative. IF we knew how much this stuff was going to sell for then we could comment on wether or not we'd buy them. I dont care what the "mark up is" or what his profit is, thats none of my business. All we need is a rough estimate as to what the price will be. If it was $200 or $300 for rings and piston im sure people would buy them, but not as many people would buy them if they were $400. Even more people would buy them if they sold for $150 or so. So if i understand you right then you want the people who would buy them to speak up and say they would buy them correct? Well here is one vote, i WOULD buy a piston and rings. Now if he goes and makes them and wants $350 or $400 for a piston and rings you cant get all pissed off at me for NOT buying one. as larry the cable guy says "thats like wiping your ass before you poop, it just dont make any sense"

Here here, i second that.

fla 2-stroke
10-17-2006, 08:58 PM
I would be very interested in piston and rings for my 300 kit on my 83 r.

82300R
10-17-2006, 09:27 PM

Most people and/or companies make products for people that will spend the money for the products. If there is money to be spent in the 3-wheeler community then people will make products for them. Maybe the reason nobody supports three wheelers anymore is because the cheap skates that own them are to cheap to pay market price for the parts. Hey, I like to get deals when I can too, but there are some things I would pay quite a bit for if it meant getting what I wanted. I know most people don't have the discretionary money to endlessly fund a project. I appreciate that. But don't complain about not having industry support. I see four wheeler owners drop $7,000 on a machine, another $1,500 in shocks, $600 on a pipe, and sometimes more on motor work. Most of you won't get serious about a number plate, Tecate bearing carriers, swingarms, etc. without saying "its nice but I don't have the money" or everybody has an opinion as exactly how they want it. One thing in production... You make a product that most everybody will buy and you need to make a lot of them. Just the time to design, program, proto-type and test can burn up a lot of time. Time is money. You can't make a slightly different product for each and every person that wants it just a little different.

The next time you complain about not having industry support and want someone to blame... GO LOOK IN THE MIRROR. i didn't see anyone complaining. all i was saying is if the price was FAIR i would buy . but if someone was to produce these parts and then think they would sell them to me and break it in my ass cause i had no other choice, then hell no .they could choke on em. complete set piston rings etc, 2 ,300 bucks i can maybe see that much . but i personally would not pay anymore. i have a new piston,rings, 2 head gaskets that i payed 60 bucks for shipped. very fair for discontinued parts. but like i said i would pay more if i needed them up to a certain point. man chill out you act as if someone personally insulted you .:welcome:

Bigbore
10-18-2006, 08:33 PM

Where did you get $700 from ????? I said $100, $200 or $300 for the piston and rings. Personally, I'd pay $200 maybe $250. There are always limits to what someone would be willing to pay. Personally, I would make 20 of them and see how they sell. But I'm not the one making them or proposing that they be made. All of us here know from other threads on the subject that Wesco would make a minimum run but no one has put up the money.

dizasterzrfun69
10-18-2006, 11:32 PM
[QUOTE=Bigbore]Where did you get $700 from ????? QUOTE]

thats exactly my point! We have NO IDEA how much money he would have to have for these parts. IT could be $100 or it could be $700. We just need a rough estimate.

Macs
10-19-2006, 09:20 AM

The next time you complain about not having industry support and want someone to blame... GO LOOK IN THE MIRROR.

" you guys complain about everything" What the hell!!!! I did not here one complaint until you made your post. Members asking for price qoutes is not complaining. If they are going to be very expensive then the cost will not out weigh the benefit. It will cost alot to purchase all the equipment and set in production. I think everyone will agree with me that we dont want someone to spend a bundle out of his pocket to make a product that will cost more than it benefits.

Then for him spending a bundle to make 12 and see how they sale, that is ridiculous. There is no way he could break even by only selling 12 of them unless he charged more than your trike is worth. I guess what you are saying is you would spend unlimited money on a 300cc piston, right?\

This is the first time i have been called a complainer and cheap on this site. Hck, that has been the first time anyone has said that to me.

Bigbore
10-19-2006, 10:43 AM
" you guys complain about everything" What the hell!!!! I did not here one complaint until you made your post. Members asking for price qoutes is not complaining. If they are going to be very expensive then the cost will not out weigh the benefit. It will cost alot to purchase all the equipment and set in production. I think everyone will agree with me that we dont want someone to spend a bundle out of his pocket to make a product that will cost more than it benefits.

Then for him spending a bundle to make 12 and see how they sale, that is ridiculous. There is no way he could break even by only selling 12 of them unless he charged more than your trike is worth. I guess what you are saying is you would spend unlimited money on a 300cc piston, right?\

This is the first time i have been called a complainer and cheap on this site. Hck, that has been the first time anyone has said that to me.

What is it with you guys? Where did you get 12 from???? Unlimited money for the piston??? READ! I said I would "spend as much as $200 maybe $250". I had 2 300cc kits and sold them for $100 because I couldn't get pistons for them. I would have really liked to put one on my '83. As for calling any one person cheap, you need to understand my post, as the 3 wheeler owners as a whole. I couldn't have made my post any more clear. I even had my 10 year old read it and he understands what I was conveying.

"I did not here one complaint until you made your post. Members asking for price quotes is not complaining." What the hell is right! I heard it with Tecate bearing carriers, number plates, and numerous other items. Read all of the posts about someone wanting to make new parts, completely, and you'll see how many of you COMPLAIN about price or pick it apart before the guy has made it. One in particular was Mil-tech swingarms, someone was ripping the welds from the photo. I know a little about proto-typing and production! I know that if the market won't bare products that are over priced... What determines that price is the consumer and what he is will to spend!

Macs
10-19-2006, 10:55 AM
99% of the threads contains facts not complaints. I am not going to argue. I am done with this thread.

gotballs 250r 82
10-19-2006, 08:26 PM
Well heres mine so i dont know why you all say you cant get parts..And i just got this last year.Dont hate LOL..