PDA

View Full Version : Parts for my Tri-zinger 60

Skinut
10-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Can anybody give me some advice on what i can upgrade on my zinger, like a pipe or well jsut about anything!! Links would be great too thanks alot guys!!

Vealmonkey
10-11-2006, 02:02 AM
You can still get the "nationals" pipe from DG and reeds from boysen. The reeds are the same for the pw50. Make sure you have the larger of the 2 exhaust gaskets as the smaller exhaust gasket is very restrictive. Replace the air filter with a better flowing unit from K&N. If your not riding through puddles, eliminate the airbox altogether. I know you can also shave the head slightly to give the engine slightly higher compression. A fresh piston and port job helps alot also. For reliability, I do away with the 2 stroke oil pump and premix my fuel. The premix ratio will depend on what oil you use. All these things will wake the yt60 up nicely. Also look for the heavier duty centrifugal clutch springs. Have fun.

bushwacker51
10-11-2006, 01:14 PM
I put a DG pipe on my tri zinger and it woke it up. I also did away with air box and put boysen reeds on the motor and that little sucker screams. It will suprise you how hard it runs. Next time I need to get the cylinder bored I am going to get it ported. Good luck Glenn O

Skinut
10-11-2006, 07:07 PM
awsome jsut ordered reeds and the dg pipe!! Very excited to seewhat happens! Do you guys know where i can get thoes clutch springs? or the pipe gasket? Will the gasket come with the new pipe or do i have to order it seporatly? thanks a lot guys!!!!

bushwacker51
10-11-2006, 11:23 PM
The yamaha pw50 is the same engine as the tri-zinger. I think the pw50 is 50cc and the tri-zinger is 60cc other then that they are the same as far as I can tell. Do a search for performance pw 50 parts or go to ebay and look under yamaha pw 50 in the additional buy now section and they have a set of holeshot springs with instructions for $19.95. I am going to buy a set for my machine. Good luck Glenn O

Vealmonkey
10-12-2006, 12:14 AM
The exhaust gasket is one of those things that you have to get from the yamaha dealer. The clutch springs are on ebay all the time, you just need to look at pw50 clutch springs, it's just 3 small springs. Be careful finding someone to port your piston and cylinder, the piston is so small that you don't have alot to play with and overporting can ruin the piston and cylinder, meaning worse performance than a worn out piston. As far as shaving the cylinder head, you need to be very careful about your piston to cylinder head clearance. Too little clearance and your piston could hit the spark plug or the cylinder head itself. You must make sure that you have good crank bearings before you start modifying the cylinder head, if there is too much slop in the main bearings, you will start hitting the piston against the cylinder head. There are all kinds of little tricks for the yt60, some are trade secrets and I can't give you all my speed secrets.

Skinut
10-12-2006, 06:03 PM
awsome thanks for the input and all the help!!!