PDA

View Full Version : 200x accessory questions?

tyman
10-09-2006, 10:21 PM
Well i finally talked my parents into letting me buy a threewheeler... i'm going to pick it up this weekend.... heres the link if anyone wants to look.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-Honda-200x-ATC-Trike-Runs-GREAT_W0QQitemZ250037460191QQihZ015QQcategoryZ6724 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem so i know it says it might have a bent rim or something.. so thats my first question.... what do YOU think it is???

next.... does anyone know of easy bolt up or slight modification, bolt up.. nerf bars/nerf-nets... for the footpegs? or are they more trouble than their worth???

Anybody know of a good set of handgrips that are nice for long, un-gloved rides that won't chew my hands off and will still stick to the bars???

anything thats "a must" on a 200x.. perhaps some special sparkplug? or a fuel additive??? maybe just an adjustment???

thats it for now.... thanks in advance

tyman :TrikesOwn

El'Capitan
10-09-2006, 10:42 PM
perhaps a big bore kit b/c 200cc's just isnt enough ;)

tyman
10-09-2006, 10:48 PM
do they make a big-bore kit for a 200x?? i thought they only made them for 250r's and 350x's?

ohh and how bout what oil do all you 200x riders run?

cragster
10-09-2006, 10:55 PM
You got a nice bike for 500 bucks!! I wish i didnt sell mine

ATC-Eric
10-10-2006, 02:35 AM
I would agree, good looking bike for $500!

Congratulations!

tyman
10-14-2006, 08:03 PM
Well went thismorning to pick it up.. took 4 hours, round trip... when i got there then guy was waiting for me.. really nice guy... turns out he found the title for it... i'm the 3rd owner... his cousin had it until he had a heart-attack and died :( so he got it and had it about 4 months then I bought it... so i got it home and checked it all out... still has the original front tire... no drycracks or anything... the brakes all work great... has a tiny bit of play in the left side of the rear end.. no biggie..... and i thought.. WOW! what a great threewheeler... so being that my dad drove, he took it for a ride up the road... and wow did it go.. so i got on and rode it about 20 minutes until.... putt putt putt poof... shuts off.... so i push it back.. we check it, tried a plug... nothing.. so we pulled the carb... the main jet literally FELL OUT! it was laying in the float bowl... so we put it on and put the carb back on.. not an easy job.. airboxes are murder...... so then i go for another ride and wow it perked up... (oh and the guy's cousin had put a cam in it).... definitely my new favorite trike!...

i'll be posting pictures or movie(s) soon....

deathman53
10-14-2006, 08:27 PM
I would get rid of those tires, they are huge, get 20" tires or 22", not those 25".

chris200x
10-14-2006, 09:13 PM
Well went thismorning to pick it up.. took 4 hours, round trip... when i got there then guy was waiting for me.. really nice guy... turns out he found the title for it... i'm the 3rd owner... his cousin had it until he had a heart-attack and died :( so he got it and had it about 4 months then I bought it... so i got it home and checked it all out... still has the original front tire... no drycracks or anything... the brakes all work great... has a tiny bit of play in the left side of the rear end.. no biggie..... and i thought.. WOW! what a great threewheeler... so being that my dad drove, he took it for a ride up the road... and wow did it go.. so i got on and rode it about 20 minutes until.... putt putt putt poof... shuts off.... so i push it back.. we check it, tried a plug... nothing.. so we pulled the carb... the main jet literally FELL OUT! it was laying in the float bowl... so we put it on and put the carb back on.. not an easy job.. airboxes are murder...... so then i go for another ride and wow it perked up... (oh and the guy's cousin had put a cam in it).... definitely my new favorite trike!...

i'll be posting pictures or movie(s) soon....

Hmm, Did the guy happen to mention his cousins name? or where he lived? ( I believe it was Micheal) My mom was working for a fellow that was terminally ill. he had an 86 X sitting in his garage that was promised to me. After the fellow passed his aunt said that one of the relatives came up from harrisburg and grabbed it before I had the chance to go get it. This X matches your description to the T. bad rear bearings,,, cam and all. What are the chances this is the same bike? :wondering LOL small world I suppose.

Anyway good luck with your new trike :beer I'm looking forward to some more pics and vids... :D

tyman
10-14-2006, 10:16 PM
whoa... that would be weird... check the ebay auction if u wanna look at it closer.... its got a dg full exhaust... the guys name was curt or something.... i think he said his cousins name was michael.....he also has an old mustang for sale....

sorry for buying your threewheeler... :(

EDIT: he had a tumor i think...

chris200x
10-14-2006, 10:26 PM
whoa... that would be weird... check the ebay auction if u wanna look at it closer.... its got a dg full exhaust... the guys name was curt or something.... i think he said his cousins name was michael.....he also has an old mustang for sale....

sorry for buying your threewheeler... :(

:lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO It's all good.. :beer Poor mom even worked a few weeks for nothing to pay for it. (She was one of his nurses) She was reinbursed though. I never got to see the bike except for a quick peek into the garage window. But the details I got from them match rite up.

lol Your just lucky I didn't see that auction before you! :D

tyman
10-14-2006, 10:29 PM
haha.. yeah... i caught it early... it was only on 4 hours..... well hey... i'll post some pics tomorrow....

edog
10-14-2006, 11:15 PM
Very nice score!!!!!!

As for adding stuff there really isn't alot you can do with them 1986 200X.

The 85 on the other hand has a tone of stuff you can do to it.

Vealmonkey
10-15-2006, 01:49 AM
Don't ride the 200x around long with those bad bearings in it, change them out right away before you do some serious damage. Congrats on the new trike.