PDA

View Full Version : 3 Wheel Sites Are Popular

Trikeaholic
04-07-2003, 10:50 PM
I remember just about 3 years ago, 3ww was the ONLY site on the net about trikes. Back then, nobody ever saw a Tiger or Cagiva. We only had grainy photos, and no real evidence. Tecates were also very unusual, and only 2 people on the board had them, Jeb and Mik6, oh yea, Curtiss too. There were very few "regulars", not like now. Do you guys think that either trikes are gaining in popularity again, or that access to the 'net is growing so fast, we are just finding one another that much easier??

An interesting question.

hrc200x
04-07-2003, 11:14 PM
I think its probably the net growing. You can find parts or help at the click of a button, who would have ever thought you could take a picture and have someone recieve it within the same 10 minute peroid? You can pay someone for a part in just a few seconds. The Internet is truly amazing. I still believe there are tons more people out there with rare and cool trikes who are too computer illerate or don't know what exactly they have to show it off. :-D

Billy Golightly
04-07-2003, 11:16 PM
Thats an interesting question indeed holic...I belive its a combination of both. Maybe its just a heightened state of awarenes...but It seems like I pickout more and more threewheeler related things I see everyday. And when I'm reading about quads it seems like I'm seeing more and more references in Dirtwheels and other magazines about threewheelers. Albeit their only references but references that we use to never get! But you right holic, this site only has made leaps and bounds from back in the early days when we used angelfire for our webhost, and our message board provider was insidetheweb, back when you got maybe 3 new posts the entire day, when you could not visit the board for a week and still be able to read all the new posts in under an hour. Lots of ground has been covered.

sandrooster
04-08-2003, 01:17 AM
I think its about knowledge and access. I didn't know about these sites until Dec02.

I've been riding trikes since 83 when I bought a 83 185s. The 83 250R was next and the rest is as they say, history.

Been listening to quad riders say for over ten years, "When ya goina get sumthin newer". :rolleyes:
Me. "When they make sumthin faster". ;)

Turtle
04-08-2003, 12:32 PM
I think the advent of Ebay and everyone now being online helps alot. For me, it was more nastalgia. Rode trikes always when I was a kid in the early/mid 80's. Moved and got out of it. Now i'm older and have a little bit of property and love working on mine and riding mine and reading all these posts. I love it when people ask me what kind of ATV I have and I say a trike and theyr'e like " your a friggin idiot!". I think you'll really see the demand for trikes go up as people who rode them as kids get older and want something from their youth besied baseball cards and Star Wars figures. Also.. they don't make them anymore! And I never believe they will again, so common sense says they will become more valuable over time. Whats great about them for me is not only is it something I have left from when I was a kid but I get to use it all the time! I'm looking to add a 250R or 350X soon..

Curtis-Tecate3
04-08-2003, 12:36 PM
Wow Holic, Thanks for remembering me. I have been around here for quite a while and still visit nearly everyday. I have been around from the very beginning and actually I remember the old boards too. To answer your question I think that us 3wheel guys are just finding it easier to locate each other via the web. Although there are probably some others getting into 3 wheelers due to the high entry prices of newer quads etc.

Curtis.

Chemical442
04-08-2003, 01:57 PM
Jesus, I was thinking of what I was gonna say until I read Turtle's post. He hit the nail on the head for me, and said everything I was going to.

Great writing!!! :-D

200xer
04-08-2003, 03:53 PM
I remember checking out this site a long time ago, when it was all angelfire. It has come a long way.

KASEY
04-08-2003, 10:15 PM
well tire technology has improved three wheeler handling alot in ten years .. atv's of today being in the $5000 to $8000 range,, there are alot more factors that make the trikes more appealing,,,,,,my neighbor just went out and financed $12,000 for two quads for 60 months!!!! i can't even imagine what they will look like in 5 years,,,,,,,,,, i have seen his cars lol,,,, i like my trikes but i am looking for a trx quad too,,, but i won't be spending no $6000 either,,,,, i get a real kick roosting all the new quads with an old trike too!!!!!!

plkmonster2
04-09-2003, 05:13 PM
quads are to expensive to buy a newer one! that is why i dont ride them. also, trikes are just as fast, have just as good suspension, and are just as durable. when i first registered, it took about a couple of days for a good reply, but now they come in a matter of minutz!

NOS_350X
04-12-2003, 02:02 AM
i think because of the sites people look out for the tecates, tigers and other rare trikes because now we know what to look for