PDA

View Full Version : Maybe getting an R!

Nick_R_23
10-08-2006, 12:21 AM
I was going to the atv junkyard today to look at a frame for my big red i was thinking of getting. The guy was telling me that were others that were already stripped down that I would probably get instead, and his phone rang, and while he was talking I kind of glanced around at all the trikes I wish i could buy (theres at least 100 of them) and over in one junk pile there was the front end of either and R or a 350x sticking up i couldnt tell which, but I asked him what it was and he said it was a 250r!!!!!!!:w00t: (bear with me i live in AK so ive never seen one before ;) ) But he couldnt sell it because it was a customers. :( (kinda a funny place for a customers ride :wondering ) He said he would try to get ahold of the guy who owned it but he hadnt been able to previously. He said it needs a lot of work (what doesnt? :lol: ) but he said the main thing was the guy cracked both cases and it just needed new ones.

Hopefully he can get ahold of him, ive always wanted an R. And i was outside the fence while we were looking so i didnt get to go up to see what condition plastic were and i couldnt get pics. And I dont know the year or if its water cooled or not. If he does call and wants to sell it, is there anything to look for that usually goes wrong? And would it be better if it was w/c or air cooled?

-Nick :TrikesOwn

Derrick Adams
10-08-2006, 07:58 AM
I wouldnt necessarily say the water cooled models are better, but their certainly more advanced. The older air cooled models are strong runners but a little harder to find parts for.

No matter what if you can get it, GET IT! I'm sure we can help you get it going in no time.

Nick_R_23
10-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Im going to try to call the guy tomorrow, see if he knows the name and phone number of the guy who owns it. I definately want this thing.

The only part i could see of it, it had silver forks, a gold rim, i think a gold hub, and i didnt see a fender, if this could help identify the year.

-Nick :TrikesOwn

traxxasx
10-08-2006, 08:22 PM
First dont give your hopes up, it could be a rusted pile of junk, seince you cant see the rest. So if it comes out lookin like a rusted bolt on a 1950 wagon dont be disapointed.

If it isent check teh side cases, and shifter.