PDA

View Full Version : need some triz help please, bike dismantled, problem ?

smokinntokin
10-07-2006, 01:15 PM
hi hope some can help and this is the first call for some serious tri-z knowledge. seems like the back bearing on one side is clicking, so chain is off and the two rings undone, now how does this rear axle dismantle from this point:crazy: . and any help on the bearings sizing. please help, the bike is currently dismantled in southern spain, no sun and running out of patience. many thanks paul.

Dammit!
10-07-2006, 01:34 PM
You can remove the entire axle/sprocket/brake rotor/bearing carrier by removing the bolts that hold the carrier onto the swingarm (and obviously removing the brake caliper).

Then comes the super awesome big time happy FUN part!

You will have to remove the rear sprocket hub. Once the two axle nuts are removed, nothing is holding it there but they are known to stick (and this is an understatement).

Have fun!

ATC-Eric
10-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Keep the assembly on the bike before you remove the housing! It will make your life a lot easier.

Remove the axle nuts and hub, and slide that thing out.

As for bearing size, I dont know. If you dont have a shop around you where you can pick some up, you could go ebay bearings. This guy ships overseas.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-TRI-Z-250-YTZ250-Rear-Axle-Bearings-And-Seals_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43972QQihZ007QQit emZ170032929776QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

TimSr
10-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Bearing size is 6007

smokinntokin
10-07-2006, 04:36 PM
thanks for the advice, lost light tonight so i feel some mild adjusting with a lump hammer maybe needed as this piece is so tight we checked to see if it was welded on !. as i remarked to a friend, who has no belief in the net, he is very impressed with the knowledge and following that a tri-z can achieve, 21 yrs old and a love affair that you cant remove. TRI-Z 'S ROCK ! ( and the parts are set as hard as rock ) !