PDA

View Full Version : 200x horsepower gains still need parts needed

bigtloc
10-06-2006, 09:05 PM
Has anyone here built a 200x with any big HP ,a few years ago I used 185 head on a 200x and it ran a little better till the head gasket let go.
Im going to try and build my project and squeeze as much as I can ,Ive got a nice pipe and a hot cam .if anyone has any good secrets let me know.Maybe some carb mods.Whats a the best sprocket number for the 200x? thanks for any help Big
Im still in need of the left front shock.I have a 200 cc pull start motor and looks like 185 frame good parts to trade thanks again BigT

seadoo650
10-06-2006, 09:22 PM
My wifes racer200x is pretty fast. The problem is I don't know what all has been done to it. Well I'm gonna find out this winter. Fifth gear is shot and it'll have to be tore down and fixed. While I'm in there I'm gonna make note of all the mods done to it. Right now it'll beat the heck out of a 350x. The only mod I know of for sure besides a supertrapp pipe and K&N filter is a big ol' 38 mikuni carb.

bigtloc
10-06-2006, 09:58 PM
It can beat a 350x ,thats saying something I was wondering about a carb what did your carb come off of or do you know. thanks bigT

seadoo650
10-06-2006, 10:13 PM
Don't know what it is off of. Looks like a 250r but it's alittle different than my old 250. It's pretty trick. Ran the drags at tf with a top speed of 42 m.p.h. in 300 ft. Most 350x's did 38 m.p.h. and some stock 250 2-strokers were at 42.

edog
10-06-2006, 10:33 PM
When mine is done I will let you know.

seadoo650
10-06-2006, 10:45 PM
When mine is done I will let you know.

What all ya doin to your's edog???

I'll post up a detailed report of the motor mods when it's tore down. I figure since the bike we got the motor off had all the other cool stuf (calfab swinger, wp shock, etc.) then the motor has got to have some really sweet internals as well.

jason 32
10-07-2006, 12:25 AM
well i just got mine started -it has a new bore and bigger piston, a web cam 89a in it -it jetted too big- but runs good, now the damn clutch is shot,but it will go!!

i need a rear brake system if any one has one?? i am tired of dikk'en with ebay

edog
10-07-2006, 08:20 AM
What all ya doin to your's edog???

It's top secret.

sandpuppi101
10-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Hey Seadoo when you do find out what's in your 200X ,you are gonna let me know,are'nt you?? And yes guys ,he ain't kiddin -his 200x beat not only my 350X but it beat alot of em' !!! In my defense,I had little 18.5x11x8 Rawhide tires on!!! I know Dawn got a kick out of it !!LOL

vartiak15
10-07-2006, 09:37 AM
i had an x that would move pretty good. it had a 12.1 comp weisco pistion in it, a white bros cam, suppertrapp, and i had it oil cooled. i want to build up another x this time use the stroker kit and some other goodies. i just wish i didnt sell that whole oil cooler assy. with the old motor. o well i have to make a new one.

bigtloc
10-07-2006, 10:47 AM
With your 12.1 piston kit did you use a copper head gasket or one of the paper gaskets with the steal ring. ive had bad luck with head gaskets and I just got a set off ebay with a paper head gasket.I think Ill round file it and go with copper

scooterroo
10-07-2006, 11:06 AM
what kind of gas do you run with a 12:1 compression set up? regular pump gas or race fuel? for carbs my bro just got an 82 xr200 intake and went with a 28mm or 30mm, cant remember which, but it stomps seriously now. check out powroll, or webcams for performance goodies. i know when i get my x, soon, very very soon, i am going to try and set it up like an old flat track racer and go with powroll performance parts in the topend, a nice pipe, probably the bigger intake from the xr200 and bigger carb. will be sweet and bad ash.

bigtloc
10-07-2006, 04:58 PM
So a xr 200 intake bolts up alright?

Levithan
10-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Yea, im curious about this as well. I would like to setup a flattrack style 200x, and was wondering what the best perfomance parts you guys thought of. I have a supertrapp exaust. The engine that i got used to have what i think is a 12:1 piston which is sitting in a box of parts that it came with. It also has a racing cam, but the cam looks as if it might have taken a very small amount of damage somehow. So, right now the engine is all stock and waiting to be put back togeher. I Would really like to put those race parts back in though, I would love to have a flat track setup!

Dammit!
10-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Engine mods have already been covered.

I used to run 14/37 gearing on my old X with 18 inch tires. It moved extremely well for a 200x.

firefirefire90
10-07-2006, 07:06 PM
I dont know about going the route of a 38mm carb because that is HUGE for a 200x but I know, from a extreme powroll source(good ol' buddy), they ran a 13.5:1 piston on race gas, 198cc bore, their race cam, sparks valves, powroll race camsprings, major porting and polishing, some special fabbed up exhaust with a powroll rear silencer(non production), and a XR carb and intake. Now, this was for racing. I would do everything they did, but use the stroker kit, an oil cooler, and probably get an extended axle, extended miltech(?) swinger since it will be the only one you may be able to obtain, some 18" turftamers, and a clamp on airfilter. Hehe....good stuff. I hope you enjoy the 200x...they can be dangerously addictive. Have fun and post pics!

edog
10-08-2006, 08:54 AM
200x...they can be dangerously addictive. Have fun and post pics!

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scooterroo
10-08-2006, 09:31 AM
i believe you need the 80-83 xr200 intake, and i'd say go with a 28 or 30mm carb.

jenndnn3
10-09-2006, 11:04 AM
My wifes racer200x is pretty fast. The problem is I don't know what all has been done to it. Well I'm gonna find out this winter. Fifth gear is shot and it'll have to be tore down and fixed. While I'm in there I'm gonna make note of all the mods done to it. Right now it'll beat the heck out of a 350x. The only mod I know of for sure besides a supertrapp pipe and K&N filter is a big ol' 38 mikuni carb.

I too am very curious to hear what you got.... So since your gonna chase the tranny, will you be going to the optional 6 speed?;) Seadoo, put a decompressor on it to save the weak *Bleep* kicker in that thing

atctim
10-09-2006, 11:45 AM
I too will vouch ~ that 200X kicked the crap out of my 350X at the TF drags. That "Mystery Machine" runs like a scalded raped ape!!! I am very curious to know what Seadoo finds in the internals of that engine!!!

seadoo650
10-09-2006, 09:10 PM
I too am very curious to hear what you got.... So since your gonna chase the tranny, will you be going to the optional 6 speed?;) Seadoo, put a decompressor on it to save the weak *Bleep* kicker in that thing

Six speed????? Is it possible to put a six speed in the 83/85 motor? When it's down I'm getting an update kit form Howdy ( howdy, I need one of those if you have one left) to replace the weak kicker spring. It has alot of compression but is still really easy to start. Especially since I put the bigger carb. back oon it. I'll ty and do a write up on the motor when it's apart. Trust me , I'm just as curious as the rest of you.

Louis Mielke
10-09-2006, 09:24 PM
The XR200 six speed swaps right in. Only catch is there have been concerns about its strength as far as I've read.

I will say I think one performance mod you're forgetting would be how light you and mama Dawn are. She's so tiny, and you look like a bean pole yourself. No way you can weight more than 190.

Gawd I wish I was 40 pounds lighter. lol

seadoo650
10-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Well since the bike will be mainly used for drags. I don't think sixth gear will be necessary for 300ft. And I weight a whopping 170lbs. All muscle. LOL

Louis Mielke
10-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Aww man, Now I'm jealous. I weigh in at 220.

edog
10-09-2006, 10:05 PM
Make shure you post pics when you tear into the motor?

girlsride2
10-10-2006, 08:39 AM
Man....I am loving this thread. Fun to read all the great comments about my bike. I love that thing, and am just as curious as the rest of you. Maybe we shouldn't tell you all the secrets :D Kind of enjoy having everyone wonder what makes it go like it does.

I am loving the speculation. Especially the whole weight thing. Keep in mind Louie...although my weight may help me with speed...(110 lbs of pure power..LOL) it works against me on trying to keep that front end down off the line. Jeez....I have to practically lay on the handlebars! :lol:

Now...sandpuppi...Look at you defending your machine. You are right I did get a huge kick out of seeing my bike clean some clocks. You sure the tires were the problem? Or are you just disappointed your bike got beat by a girl's machine? J/K buddy...all in good fun of course.:drool:

Wondering after atctims comment if I should change the name from "Racer X" to "Mysterious". :)

Ok, enough being a wise arse. Seriously, thanks for all the nice comments guys. Means alot to me. When we find out what is going on in there we will post it up. Most of it anyways;)

jenndnn3
10-10-2006, 11:24 PM
Yeah xr, is pretty much same dang engine... VERY easy swap out., well not really.. Howdy was the one with the kicker fix but it was limited. If I recall correctly he was actually looking for other parts as well that would work. Did you ever get anymore info out of that Howdy?

Dont hold any secrets....PLEASE I AM BEGGING...I will tell everything I did with the complete xr swapout...

Nice to see more girls on and kicken booty to boot....:beer :w00t:
The biggest line I ever got on these boards, and frankly get tired of it, you cannot do anything to a lil ole 200x get an R or 350x....

Levithan
10-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Hehe, yea! I LOVE my 200X! =)

girlsride2
10-13-2006, 07:45 AM
Yeah xr, is pretty much same dang engine... VERY easy swap out., well not really.. Howdy was the one with the kicker fix but it was limited. If I recall correctly he was actually looking for other parts as well that would work. Did you ever get anymore info out of that Howdy?

Dont hold any secrets....PLEASE I AM BEGGING...I will tell everything I did with the complete xr swapout...

Nice to see more girls on and kicken booty to boot....:beer :w00t:
The biggest line I ever got on these boards, and frankly get tired of it, you cannot do anything to a lil ole 200x get an R or 350x....

LOL...yep...I have to admit it was fun kicking some booty at TF this year in the drags. Raced 2 different guys and won all 5 times we raced (3 against one...twice aganist the other) One guy took it really well. The other hung his head and said.....I got beat by a girl! Ok, so I got an ego boost out of it...so sue me. :lol: It was all in good fun and everyone there knew it. No I certainly didn't take home any trophies, but that didn't really matter. I had a blast just being out there ripping it up.

JasonNO2/200x
08-13-2007, 08:06 PM
If you want a lot more power I found a place to buy a custom sleeve that will double your wall thickness plus give you a bore that is 2mm bigger. It is an expensive mod and I am saving my money right now to get it done. With that and the stroker crank I will be at 225cc's on my X. I have put in a special made cam from Web Cams but I haven't run it to verify how much speed I got out of it. I have a radar gun to see. I make runs to the top of fourth. I am also working on a custom billet CNC'd intake that will mate perfectly to a 28mm carb. Also I have some 2mm over sized valves that I will put in after I get the head ported. This should make some good power when it is all done. Hopefully by next summer. After that is all done I am going to add Nitrous. It will all be pretty trick and I can't wait to get it all done and post some results here. I am going through a sticky divorce right now so it put a damper on getting it done this year.