PDA

View Full Version : 86 200x axle will not come out!!!!

cragster
10-04-2006, 08:51 PM
my dang stupid 200x axle will not come out. I took off the snap ring. Then i took a screwdriver and hammer to get off the semi-rusted axle bolt. With that off, i took a peice of wood and hit the side of it lots of times. NOT WORKING. So i Have a small peice of wood on the right side of it and taking my big ol hammer and hitting the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* out of it and it wont come out. I got my other axle out reallllly easy but this one wont come out. I managed to get a dust seal on the left to pop out but not the axle. Please help. I even heated it up some. PS. I am hitting it as hard as i can basically.
GRRRRR. I need it out cuz i have to ship it out!!!!!!!

Russell 350X
10-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Ummm, get a bigger hammer?? Try some PB Blaster, spray it around the axle and let it sit over night. Then try getting it.

cragster
10-04-2006, 09:25 PM
you guys will never guess. This had PERFECT BEARINGS RIGHT! Well i loosed up the chain tensioner thingy and hit it and hit it and hit it!!! And it popped out! Left bearing,dust seal and all. LMAO So basically i pressed out the bearings and removed the axle, thats probably why it was a little bit hard to git out!!