PDA

View Full Version : 1985 250r weird throttle

bingham
10-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Okay i dont know what happened but lately i have started my bike up and all goes well until i go WOT. Like half way through the throttle it increases but the other half of it stays the same as half throttle. My buddy says it something to the motor, my dad says we need to adjust the throttle cable but they are no experts. Im sure you guys can help more then them. Please help me, much appreciated.

bingham
10-03-2006, 06:33 PM
The bike had ran well the past time i had riden it about 3-4 months ago.

TtownJoeShow
10-03-2006, 06:36 PM
might not be gettin enough air, try cleaning you air box and filter...make sure all the air pasages are not blocked by anything....

bingham
10-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Those were clean before the problem happened.

Dammit!
10-03-2006, 07:45 PM
The throttle cable would have to be way far off for that to be happening. Shouldn't be hard to figure out if it's related to that though. You should be able to tell just by pushing the throttle. There should be a very small amount of slack, then a consistent resistance the rest of the throttle range.

Where in Arizona are you? If you're anywhere near Glendale I'd be able to stop by and have a look at it. Sounds like you guys are a little confused by this one (no offense intended).

bingham
10-03-2006, 08:02 PM
haha indeed i am confused (only 17) but ya im on 83rd cactus and id be glad if you could stop by. Would appreciate it much