PDA

View Full Version : Air cooled R info.

smyers33
10-03-2006, 04:07 PM
I was just wanting to know some info on the air cooled r's. Is there a very noticable difference in performance between the air cool and liquid cooled ones? I'm going to get a R sometime in the next year or so. I know that the air foolers go for a lot less compaired to the liquid. Are the parts harder to get for the air cooled, or do manufacturers have a lot for both. Any information is greatly appreciated. I'm wanting to figure out all the information I can before purchasing one. I don't want to rush into like I did my 200x. Thanks

TtownJoeShow
10-03-2006, 04:50 PM
id go with the liquids, its easier to get parts for and you can ride it more & harder.
i have both and wouldn't part with either though! lol

azhondagrl
10-03-2006, 06:38 PM
I had an 83R and I rode that thing pretty hard and in the dead of AZ summer and never had a problem with it. Parts weren't that hard for me to find, between ebay and local yards here I never had much of a problem .

However, I sold it to get an 85R and I love this one as well. I miss the air R, it was a very dependable bike and i think you would be happy with whichever one you choose.

smyers33
10-03-2006, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the info, and keep it coming!

gotballs 250r 82
10-03-2006, 07:21 PM
I like my air fooler i have had it a long time. Like when i was 17 years old and now i am 40 years old . And i have all the goods on it and lots of parts. If you look you will find the parts. I will never part with it til i kick the bucket.

dufrain
10-03-2006, 08:58 PM
I think the air cooled ones will be reliable,the 81-82 won a baja or two.I am restoring an 82 now,parts are easy to get besides maybe a seat cover.

smyers33
10-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Alright I'm keeping my eye out for one around here, or close to Indianapolis since thats where dad is working for the next year. Thanks for the help