PDA

View Full Version : What's the secret to not cracking Tri-z case cover

brrcuda
10-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Ok - I had a real problem with cracking two clutch cover cases in one week on my tri-z. This is the standard kick starter crack behind the kick start cover.

Whats your secret to not cracking this cover. I did fine for two years and now I cracked two cases in the same week and now both bikes are out of commission with the exact same part cracked in the same location.

I try to not slam in into the peg - which is quite difficult and I also try to start kicking little lower for less pressure?

What can I do to keep longevity of my tri-z? There must be something i am missing.

Thanks.

clutchcargo
10-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Make sure that all of the bolts are in the cover, including the ones inside by the kickstarter. Often they are loose or left out. Also make sure that the kickstarter isn't hitting the case as you kick it downward. It may scrape it slightly. If so, you can loosen the kickstarter and slide it out on the splines a little and then retighten it. I've heard that if you install a piece of rubber hose on the kickstarter, [where your foot rests], that helps also.

TimSr
10-03-2006, 05:16 PM
http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=57657&page=2

This should help