PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Yamaha Tri-Moto

Fablazer
10-03-2006, 12:23 AM
:TrikesOwn HELLO:TrikesOwn

I have just recently gotten a 1981 Yamaha Tri-Moto. It has a 125cc 2 stroke, with a pull start. The last owner did not ride it alot. He had the engine rebuilt many years ago, and apperently they tore apart the oil injecters. Now I have to pre-mix the oil. He said that he used his chainsaw oil, which is 30:1. I was wondering if that is the right ratio?:wondering It is smoking alot, I think one, or a couple of the piston rings are done. It might be the oil ratio. I absolutely love this 3 wheeler, it is so much more fun then my 4 wheeler. IT pops wheelies really easy.

Thanks You All Very Much For Your Help

MTS
10-03-2006, 12:26 AM
Run a good Motorcycle 2 stroke oil, 32:1 Amsoil, or Yamalube 2-R will be fine...it will smoke, its a 2 stroke, and yes they are Fun!!! welcome to the fourm

ATC-Eric
10-03-2006, 12:28 AM
Welcome to the forum.

traxxasx
10-03-2006, 04:02 AM
:TrikesOwn HELLO:TrikesOwn

I have just recently gotten a 1981 Yamaha Tri-Moto. It has a 125cc 2 stroke, with a pull start. The last owner did not ride it alot. He had the engine rebuilt many years ago, and apperently they tore apart the oil injecters. Now I have to pre-mix the oil. He said that he used his chainsaw oil, which is 30:1. I was wondering if that is the right ratio?:wondering It is smoking alot, I think one, or a couple of the piston rings are done. It might be the oil ratio. I absolutely love this 3 wheeler, it is so much more fun then my 4 wheeler. IT pops wheelies really easy.

Thanks You All Very Much For Your Help

It should smoke a light blue smoke when warmed up like somone smoking a ciggerrete. Now it will smoke alot on start up, but if it still smokes to where you can see all the smoke and where its going down the driveway and looks thick you might be to rich.