PDA

View Full Version : free atc 110

dakywaky
04-07-2003, 03:25 PM
i was recently given an 83' atc110, no rear fenders and seat, and clutch cover. i cant seem to get it started, i dont know if it came with a battery or not to turn the motor over. can anyone help me on the specs 4 this trike? thanx

Matt_200s
04-07-2003, 03:33 PM
Shouldnt need a battery to get it started they are recoil.
And do you mean you cant start it or that u cant even turn it over.

Chemical442
04-07-2003, 03:34 PM
110's dont have batterys or electric starters. Look on the left just above the shift kicker. there should be a recoil system there; a handle that you yank on to start the engine much like an old lawn mower. the clutch cover would be on the oposite side of the engine, the right side just above the brake... just in case you were confused. It sounds like the recoil, not the clutch case assembly is the missing part. EBAY will have all you need, and keep an eye on our classified section here. Good luck!

Go here and plug in your trikes info and yopu can pull up diagrams.

http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/default.asp

Also would help if you go out and get a repair manual for your trike.

dakywaky
04-07-2003, 03:34 PM
there isnt anywhere to put rope to pull start it

Chemical442
04-07-2003, 04:03 PM
there isnt anywhere to put rope to pull start it

Then your recoil assembly is missing. Better go get one on ebay cause not only is that the preffered way to start your trike, it also covers your rotor and stator. dirt in there would be a bad thing. ;)

kilabeez0
04-07-2003, 07:14 PM
hey chemical nice pic! :D

If your really anxious to take it for a ride (but dont get muddy!) then just jump start it. Run with it, hop on, give it some gas and kick it in gear.

dakywaky
04-07-2003, 09:44 PM
it was only sitting 2 months, it has spark but wont turn over, even pushing it and throwing it in gear wont work, im lost

Chemical442
04-07-2003, 09:55 PM
Get a service manual. I have a 110, and aside from what I get here, all my knowledge is from my Haynes Service Manual. They tell you how to diagnose and fix almost everything.

Get that ($14-$20), read through it, and then come back and maybe we can fine tune the problem areas. :-D

jeswinehart
04-07-2003, 10:02 PM
it was only sitting 2 months, it has spark but wont turn over, even pushing it and throwing it in gear wont work, im lost

that is quite impossable,,, won't turn over but got spark.
c'mon, are you pulling our leg with this or what ???

john

dakywaky
04-07-2003, 10:16 PM
well it still cold here in ohio it was sitting in a backyard with a tarp over it so the motor must be cold and the carb must be wet inside,so im not pulling anybodys leg

jeswinehart
04-07-2003, 10:32 PM
if it don't turn over,,, how do you know it has spark,,, with no pull rope and all ?

john

dakywaky
04-07-2003, 10:43 PM
i tied a knot and put it around the coil and pulled it, while my buddy checked for a spark to see if the plug and wire was good.

bbechtel16
04-07-2003, 11:02 PM
What you need is a large hill. Sit on the trike and has someone give you a nice push. Once your going about 15 mph, pop it into gear. If it starts to slow down real quick or the motor sound like its screaming, shift up into 2nd. Make sure the kill switch is on and stuff, give it some gas (or a lot of that don't work), and it should start.

Andrew
04-07-2003, 11:03 PM
youngstown,wow the closest person to me on this site )

jeswinehart
04-07-2003, 11:12 PM
okay, i see how your doing it now,,, like a old boat motor ! ya have determination about it for sure.
bbechtel16 has a good idea, using gravity to bump start it.
if you don't have a hill try using a little either ( starting fluid) into the carb,,, don't go overboard with it cuz it is basically hard on motors but should get it to sputter somewhat if not start up for you.

by the way,,, welcome to the board dakywaky !

john

dakywaky
04-07-2003, 11:18 PM
thanx guys 4 help, tomarrow i'll get some either ,and make my neighbor push me down the street. hope it starts. the only parts i need is the recoil and rear fenders and a seat and i'm ready to roll in some mud

ATCnut
04-08-2003, 12:00 AM
OK There are a couple of tricks to pull starting your trike. First, get someone to pull you with a riding mower, another ATV, even a car. Then use a rope about 15 ft long. Get on your trike, and shift into second gear. Then push the shifter down to shift to third (or pull it up) and hold it. While the shifter is held up or down, the plate clutch is disengaged. Have your tow vehicle start out. When the tow vehicle is up to speed, let the shifter return to the center. The motor should start turning over. If the back tires start to skid, move the shifter for the next higher gear. Here is the most important part, DONT RUN OVER THE ROPE WHEN THE TRIKE STARTS. when the trike starts, grab the rope with your left hand and hold it to the side.

350xing
04-08-2003, 12:11 AM
if theres no hills, heres what i use to do with the 200s. put it in 3rd, pick up the rear end, and run with it, drop the rear and keep pushin, give it gas, and hop on. or if you have a athletic friend, put it in 2nd, then hold the shifter up(between 2nd and 3rd), have your buddy push you, then let the shifter down, and give it gas.

PowerTrike
04-08-2003, 01:02 AM
I often put a little gas in the cylinder on old engines and get that to burn up and hopefully clear out all the crap out of the carb (if you have spark) be careful though, you don't want to start a fire or anything.... starting fluid works too.

Actually I just got a free gas trimmer by putting gas in the cylinder (neighbor couldn't get it started for nothing so: he gave it to me) i got it to start; held it wide open. then i was able to adjust the carb (I did have to clean it before hand) etc.

liquedfire440
04-08-2003, 10:20 AM
push it with a four wheeler :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D

dakywaky
04-08-2003, 10:47 AM
pics

dakywaky
04-08-2003, 10:50 AM
more

Chemical442
04-08-2003, 11:30 AM
DAMN!!!! someone hit something straight on REALLY HARD! Those front forks should be out front more by about 4 inches!!! :shock: They should be straight with no bow to them! Looks like the front tire barely clears the rocker cover!!!

Should look like this:

dakywaky
04-08-2003, 12:56 PM
i'll have to get a torch to them, thanks 4 the info

FullBore
04-08-2003, 02:49 PM
That Ain't in too bad condition dakywaky, A bit of paint and fix the forks and She'll be right, Yep it is missing its pull starter, you can pust them off easily enough though, I just put mine in second gear and push!

Chemical442 I like yours, She's looking nice, this is mine as it's kinda finished now.
1984 Model. She ain't real smart but its gonna be worked!

http://gopeds.hypermart.net/images/new_images/New%20Seat.JPG

Nat

Xowner
04-08-2003, 06:28 PM
got light?

wtf are those thew look cool tho!

moe
04-08-2003, 09:54 PM
you guys crack me up!!! spray a bit of gas in the carb, wrap a rope around ware the pull start was (counterclockwise) and pull :D :-D

FullBore
04-10-2003, 04:24 PM
got light?

wtf are those thew look cool tho!

Those are Hella Driving Lights, They are very good, 55w halogen bulbs in them, Bottom one comes on on low beam and top one on high, it didn't have a headlamp when I got it so it needed lights! I've got no tail light for it, theres no electric to the rear wires anyway, must be a break somwhere in the wires.

Nat