PDA

View Full Version : t3 question for the t3 guys...

scooterroo
09-30-2006, 07:49 PM
ok so what year raptor shock do i look for for the rear of my 85 -t3? i see a few piggyback type on egay right now, will they work, or should i go for the 01 rear raptor shock with the remote ressy? or would it just be easier to throw 150 on one from sprock racing?

Enigma
10-01-2006, 01:36 AM
I *hear* (I have never done it myself) any will work but if you want to keep the stock look with the remote reservoir you should get an 01, unless you don't mind taking the hose off your tecate shock and put it on the raptor shock. BigGreenMachine knows all about it, maybe he will drop a line. But for a little more info you can check out http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=50617.

scooterroo
10-01-2006, 09:22 AM
awesome thanks for the advice.

tecatecrazy
10-01-2006, 09:46 AM
heres my original thread from way back when scoot http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=12614

BigGreenMachine
10-01-2006, 10:06 AM
I used the 01 Raptor piece. Last night the girlfriend and I tore the Tecate down and I replaced the short reservior line with the long one off of the Tecate. You'll have to do that to mount the bottle in the same location. Also you need to drill the upper shock mount holes to the same size as the Rapy bolt size. Along with all of that you'll need spacers to keep the side to side movement down.

James

scooterroo
10-01-2006, 10:37 AM
now, inorder to change the line on the shock, i have to get it recharged then right?

BigGreenMachine
10-01-2006, 12:02 PM
Yeah you will need it recharged. May as well get it rebuilt while your at it don't you think?

tecatecrazy
10-01-2006, 08:24 PM
its probably not the right way to do it but, I never redrilled my pivot arm. I just swapped out the bushings from my stock shock to the raptor shock. It has been this way since I made the post that I linked to above.

Joe

JohnR.
10-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Does this work in the T-3b too? The one in mine has had it.

John

hadar
10-02-2006, 12:14 PM
I got an 01 craptor shock a while back and I'm finally getting arround to doing this mod. I used the stock bolts and stock spacers off the 84. I'm having my machine shop make a bushing that fits inside the top section of the shock to make up for the bolt slop. Then I will likely have to mount the res. to the frame where the airbox used to be. I hope that it works out. Looks like it will work just fine and save alot of $ my 85 has a works shock but I don't think that it's all that. It came with the bike when I bought it. I would never spend $600 on a rear shock from works. I could buy another t3 for that.