PDA

View Full Version : So how many racers do we have now?

Billy Golightly
09-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Just curious, so I'm gonna make a quick poll here. How many of you have participated in some type of organised racing event this year Any type of racing. MX, drags, flat track, hare scrambles, etc. and how many races have you had this year?

EDIT: I have made a special choice at the bottom just for people who competed at Trikefest only. There ya go Tim :D

max
09-30-2006, 10:11 AM
I hit a couple races, and spectated a few. If you cant race, atleast support,film, take pics!!!!!!!!

TtownJoeShow
09-30-2006, 10:13 AM
no one holds races for trikes around here :(

Billy Golightly
09-30-2006, 10:17 AM
no one holds races for trikes around here :(

Sure they do, you might have to do some leg work but I bet if you find out where the quads are racing at and just go show up you'll get a warmer reception then you think.

TtownJoeShow
09-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Sure they do, you might have to do some leg work but I bet if you find out where the quads are racing at and just go show up you'll get a warmer reception then you think.

true! i have gone to some motoX races *Edited**Edited* around here but didn't have my trike. i have only heared of 4 of these trikes around here (been here for 17 years) and hey all belong to me and my friends...but yeah might find some more if i was to show with the trikes n friends!

Mosh
09-30-2006, 11:33 AM
Well, I follow at the back of the pack,and make sure every one is ok.Done that 2-3 times this year.

Derrick Adams
09-30-2006, 12:12 PM
15 races so far this year and many more to go. Still have 3 months left in the year!

ChrisD
09-30-2006, 01:42 PM
Alright Billy, you have the flat track bug....here is an open invitation...come up to NY this winter for some ice racing. I hear that there are $59 flights from Fla to NJ. I will pick you up and you can race with us. I have a bike for you to race. It's already set up and ready to go. FTZ motor, 39PWK, lowered, geared, studded, rad valve, k&n, PT hi-rev, etc etc. The new 10' rim and tire isn't on it in this picture. I still have to find a hard compound 10 inch tire to stud. The bottom line is you have a bike that can win at your disposal.

Presidents day weekend?

TimSr
09-30-2006, 02:47 PM
I lost count long ago, but after reading what a trophy brings on ebay, I think I am a very wealthy man!

Billy - Hindsite now, but should have had an option for Trikefest races only!

You guys who say " I would, but they dont race here" need to start searching for ATV races in your state, and start making phone calls. Yes, you might have to travel a few hours, but so do we! Somebody once said that about New York, so for kicks I started searching and within 15 minutes I found a place that had drags and allowed trikes, and posted it. Nobody went. The biggest impediment to trike racing is a lack of trike riders willing to participate, not a lack of races that will allow them.

Dusty
09-30-2006, 02:57 PM
welp ive only raced 1 this year....but next year ill be on it

Billy Golightly
09-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Alright Billy, you have the flat track bug....here is an open invitation...come up to NY this winter for some ice racing. I hear that there are $59 flights from Fla to NJ. I will pick you up and you can race with us. I have a bike for you to race. It's already set up and ready to go. FTZ motor, 39PWK, lowered, geared, studded, rad valve, k&n, PT hi-rev, etc etc. The new 10' rim and tire isn't on it in this picture. I still have to find a hard compound 10 inch tire to stud. The bottom line is you have a bike that can win at your disposal.

Presidents day weekend?

Man that would be awesome, for kicks I checked on expedia and from Jax to Newark round trip, leave friday and come back tuesday was $223. I doubt I can make it just because of the lack of being able to get away from down here for more then a couple hours at a time (My dad has been having really bad eye problems lately) BUT, I will definetly think about it and if there is anyway I can swing it I'll do it. The other thing I would have to worry about is chiseling the ice off my southern arse before crawling into bed at night :lol:

ScottZJ
09-30-2006, 03:42 PM
Well I thought I would keep racing but my body told me different. I guess my age is catching up with me. So I will bow out and watch and cheer you guys on.

Kintore
09-30-2006, 04:16 PM
Im in!

Next season ill have my own truck and ill be able to come to Ohio then and race with pretty much all the time.
:w00t:

Eric250R
09-30-2006, 04:41 PM
haven't raced in a few years. There is a dirt drag almost every weekend about a 1/4 mile from my house which I go to often, and there are a couple of trikes that show up. There is also a dirt oval ( for cars ) about a 1/2 mile from my house where they used to run fourwheelers every weekend but they stopped that a few years ago. Maybe after I get my R up and running I can talk to the onwers and see if maybe they would bring the atv races back and see if I can sneak my R in.

JohnR.
09-30-2006, 05:40 PM
Billy, I'm only a few miles down the road from Chris so one of us can definitely pick you up from the airport and put you up for a few nights.

John

Bryan Raffa
09-30-2006, 07:46 PM
a winter TF how fun that would Be!!!! IM IN!

IrvSLedman
09-30-2006, 10:53 PM
Lol, i havnt raced yet, but this year at TF (MY FIRST YEAR WOOT!!!!) I plan on tring race in the novice class, (and probably getting schooled lol) and seeing how that treats me.

Russell 350X
09-30-2006, 11:48 PM
Havent done any races yet, deffiently planning on doing MX at TF07.

atctim
10-02-2006, 09:06 AM
I raced at trikefest and at SmithRoad Raceway this year.......both were a blast. I am hoping to get one more race under my belt this year - Gallion - Oct. 14th and 15th. As Dusty said, and I am with him on it - "Next year, It's on!"