PDA

View Full Version : 200X calipers use Banshee parts...

Dirtcrasher
09-27-2006, 09:34 PM
So I got this Banshee, and some of the parts get so little cash on EBAY that I was looking into using them on my Honda ATC. I also used the master cylider which gets about 15$ on EBAY.

Turns out that front Banshee calipers use the same allen head slide pin, round slide pin, rubber cap in front of the allen slide pin and rubber slide pin seals. The pads also appear to be an exact match and the pad allen head bolts are a bit longer but when cut can be used along with the bleeder screw and bleeder rubber cap.

It almost looked like the piston was identical but it is a few MM's smaller, unfortunately.....DAM!!

The deal is that I have seen a pair of these calipers year 2003 sell for 9.99$ on EBAY and all of the above mentioned fit the 200X and the Banshee parts are zinc coated and alot newer than used X parts. If they come with like new pads then you are laughing. You can't buy 2 slide pins for that amount or one set of pads.

Louis Mielke brought up a good point awhile ago, other model parts do fit our ATC's with some mods and we have to stop looking to replace OEM with OEM because it is simply too expensive and better parts can be found - like these!