PDA

View Full Version : 86 200x and 225dx ?s

tyman
09-27-2006, 07:50 PM
hey... well first, my father has a 1986 honda 200x and the rear axle is wobbly.. not alot.... but enough...... and he doesn't ride it anymore cause the ??carrier?? is cracked or something.. he said he fixed it before but doesn't want to fix it again cause you have to "cut it and weld it and grind it and its a pain in the @$$".... and if all of you haven't noticed, 86 swingarms don't show up on ebay all the time, or for cheap..... so would an 85 or 84 swingarm work???? cause they are always there.......

and theirs a 85 225dx, yellow, on ebay... no cracked plastic, seat is perfect, good tread.. electric start works... smokes a lil.... looks really nice.... has a rack on the back.... and its $400 bucks right now..... 2 hours to go... is it worth 500 or 550
??? cause the reserve isn't met yet... so i'm hoping its 500.... it looks great... forks aren't bent...... is their anything i should look really close at in the pictures??? or anything they gave problems with that could be temporarily hidden??? it looks very solid.. but you never know with these things..... thanks in advance

tyman

cragster
09-27-2006, 07:52 PM
i have an extra rear end in need of bearings and stuff if you need it

badasskfx
09-27-2006, 09:59 PM
the dx is a fair deal if it doesent need alot of work. i have one and it runs like a champ.

tyman
09-27-2006, 10:04 PM
thx for the help..... cragster... do you know if the swingarm is good? the carrier isn't cracked or anything?? it JUST needs bearings + seals..... and no i'm not getting the 225dx... i basically got my hopes up for nothing... why the H*ll would my dad let me buy a threewheeler... my brothers 4 years older than me and he wouldn't let him buy one.... so i'm still back to that old piece o crap 125m with a bad hi-lo and a rigged up wiring harness...... fun.....

cragster
09-27-2006, 10:20 PM
ya its ok i been workin on it tonigt. if u need something gimme a pm