PDA

View Full Version : More homemade trike pics

ARC
04-07-2003, 12:54 AM
hey again

First off thanks for all the positive responses really makes me feel proud of my homemade even thought my friends joke around about it (must be jealous I guess). And since your interested ill tell a little about it I guess.

It started when I found a old rear-end all beat up at the junk yard and with only a few cracks and a bit of water in it I took a interest too it thinking I could make something out of it so my dad and I gave the guy at the yard $20 for it so I cleaned it up and welded it up put new bearings in and it was all set to go. It had 4 forward speeds and ever reverse what luxury! Then I got some tires and started drawing how to attach them together and then from the back to the front it became my trike. some of the most fun parts were the triple clamp I did that all on the 4 jaw and the front axle and front steering that’s all done on the lave as well. The front shocks were given to me by my auto teacher they were so beat up and had no springs in them but I stretched some cheap ones for a exercise thing and bam good as new. Overall the frame was the most fun though with every new piece it started to look more like something.

Another fun part on the side was when I was halfway and didn’t have a front end on it. I attached it my GT and started driving all over in the snow on it. It was the fastest GT on the block lol. Ill post pics of that sometime.

Later all

wanta250r
04-07-2003, 01:12 AM
Looks good. Is it any fun? -D

FullBore
04-07-2003, 04:24 AM
That is Sweet! It sure looks fun, I would be great for hauling stuff in the yard, mutch more interesting than the riding mower!

Nat

sportvette
04-07-2003, 08:01 AM
nice project trike. projects are fun, especially when they work out.

bbechtel16
04-08-2003, 09:46 PM
How fast does it go?