PDA

View Full Version : What to do what to do...

zombie_17
09-24-2006, 12:45 AM
Hey guys this might take awhile but im getting that riding itch and i need some opinions. Im currently 17 years old and i worked full time two summers ago to buy a 250 dirtbike. I love the power it has and its speed but i almost love my 1985 250sx better, especially in the winter. Anyways after buying a few things for the bike and the trike i finally got my savings back to a respectable amount by working last summer. The thing is im planning on going to college and i need that money for it and i recently broke my wrist on a 4th gear wheelie gone wrong on the bike...:( so now i cant even go to work after school to pay for my riding habit. The thing is my trike has a uni air filter, cobra pipe, and has all new jets, and yet it still cant beat my friends 86 sx which we believe is stock but who knows whats inside. Anyways i sent the trike to former canadian MX champ from the 70s who has opened a repair shop and lives close to me. Hes much cheaper than a dealer and knows his stuff as he still races his bike and so do his sons. I sent it because i thought maybe its time for a new piston/valves. The reason i beleive this is beacuse it revs out alot sooner than my friends sx. So hes going to check the top end for me as i cant use my wrist. So if it needs a new top end do i spend my money and fix it soley because i want to beat my friend? also i was planning on getting a hot cam but i dont know if i should spend that kind of money, especially if i dont know if it will help much. If i could work after school there wouldnt be this problem. I guess being couped up in the house and not being able to ride is making me go crazy.... sorry i blabed on for so long but what should i do? Thanks