PDA

View Full Version : Maybe someone needs to start a vintage 3 wheeler magazine!

ATCGENIUS
09-22-2006, 09:59 PM
A new magazine would be a great forum to educate the world on the 3 wheeler.
It might also be a great way to muster support against the government that is trying to shut us down. People that know nothing about the 3 wheeler, thinks they are dangerous because that is what they have been told, you believe it after you have been knock in the head about it for 20 years. There is vintage car and truck mags, why not atc's, show peoples restored bikes, have ads for parts, basically educate everyone. What does everyone think about this one??? :cool:

team-red-rider
09-22-2006, 10:05 PM
ill help in any way i tries to make one called 3 wheelin monthly but never suceeded

ATCGENIUS
09-22-2006, 10:17 PM
thanks for your support, i wish i had known about your 3 wheelin monthly, i sure would have helped you in anyway possible. was it a email mag or paper mag? i can't believe i never knew it was there. i am just throwing ideas around and seeing what kind of support there is for this type of magazine, or if people even care about a magazine like this.

01400ex
09-22-2006, 10:18 PM
i'm sure someone on here has a connection if everyone would buy one it would be worth it .i would definately buy every issue....why not call it "3Wheeler world mag." after all this is the prime information link to all our needs!!
EVERYONE AGREE ?

maggiesboy
09-22-2006, 10:21 PM
that would kick azz! sign me up :D

team-red-rider
09-22-2006, 10:25 PM
How about : 3 wheeler world magazine " THE source for atc related news and info"

ATCGENIUS
09-22-2006, 10:33 PM
I love it, keep the ideas coming, i need all the help i can get. thanks for the support, and lets see where this goes. thanks

Dammit!
09-22-2006, 10:34 PM
Magazines are a very expensive thing to get into. Printing and distribution = $$$$. In the beginning it would be very difficult to get enough ad space sold to cover your costs especially given the narrow target audience. If you're truly serious about such an endeavor, I'd recommend broadening the scope a bit to all vintage off road bikes. Pre-nineties trikes, quads and dirt bikes.

It would be a huge help in garnering more aftermarket support if a magazine could be made into something substantial but I'm thinking e-zine is the only way it's ever going to happen. No real costs involved. Maybe a print mag could grow from that.

Billy Golightly
09-22-2006, 11:05 PM
Its not my place to discuss the details of it but an e-zine has been in the works for a while.

ATCGENIUS
09-22-2006, 11:10 PM
keep me informed, i will gladly back off if you have already got the wheels turning in the same direction i was going. i just wanted to see if there was any support for this idea, but i will back off and support you, it would be silly for us to go after the same idea, there is not enough audience for 2 mags. please keep us informed and let me know if i can help you in any way. thanks (trikes rules) :w00t:

firefirefire90
09-23-2006, 12:14 AM
I've never seen this 3wheeler monthly?

ATC-Eric
09-23-2006, 05:20 AM
Im more then willing to make a contribution towards an idea like this. Let me know.

badasskfx
09-23-2006, 07:42 AM
theres a new mag out there called quad it only distributes 6 issues a year. i think that would be the best way to go.

scooterroo
09-24-2006, 10:14 AM
thats cool, an e-zine. will you be able to purchase it in paper form though? a magazine is a good idea, but long and difficult process. better have the dinero to back it up cus the cost is definately out of the typical working class mans range. i used to work for the company that prints people, time, newsweek, sports ilustrated, etc... alot of time and hard work goes into the making of a magazine.

theonlyjosh
10-20-2006, 07:23 PM
I know this is an old thread, but i like the idea, i would definetly buy it every month or subscribe. It would be cool to see all restored trikes, and parts for sale.. etc. we just need to step up and do it.

scooterroo
10-20-2006, 07:34 PM
3wheelerworld magazine. you can have special sections, like tips and tricks, readers rides, basically model it after dirtwheels and 3&4 wheel action. but seeing is how you wouldnt have any new test rides, you have feature articles on members bikes, etc...but you could do tests on new products and such. could be a cool idea. where to ride section, you name it. could pay for it thru donations, investors, and advertisement. i'm not much of the business man type so that stuffs outta my hands, but i would contribute anyways i can.

team-red-rider
10-20-2006, 07:46 PM
i could do the making of it i help make the school news paper " THE -BuLLDaWG BAARKK" (lol our mascot is a bulldog) but we use adobe indesign cs to make it and we have a printer and all that jkunk

El'Capitan
10-20-2006, 07:52 PM
This would be very hard to do seeing that they arnt making trikes, or trike accessores any more. You would probably just end up with a watered down version of 3Wheeling magazine.

IrvSLedman
10-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Well its a really good idea, but in all honesty. You couldnt make any large issues. Since all you feature would be classifieds, riders rigs, riding locations, tips and tricks and that would be about the brunt of it you couldnt really produce any worth while issuses after you covered all of it, and with no wheelers being in production, there wouldnt be too much news.. So i think that the Online Magazine would be the best bet. I would deff. read it. either way, Id like to see somthing happen. and more power too ya.

team-red-rider
10-20-2006, 08:00 PM
BUT we could cover projects strecteeeeeched out like speedbumps cr to atc project!! and louis's 500R ect....

thedeatons
02-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Unfortunately the E-zine idea has been terminated. There was good support, and we had ~3 issues roughly sewn together before its demise. I worked out quite a few issues in Microsoft Publisher, our layouts were good, and the photos were excellent! We had Q&A sections from past riders and current contributors, unfortunately just could not find the time to keep working on things. I believe the archives have been deleted now from the forum, but I still have originals at home. It was definitely an eye opening process, but totally fun. If I had nothing else to do in life I would certainly spend my time doing something like this again, but just cannot muster up the free time....

tecat-z
02-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Speed channel has a new weekly show called motoxfiles where they go back and show the history of motocross and all of the pioneers of the great sport. They usually highlight a particular team and rider each show. Wouldn't it be great to see a few shows on trikes and the furious rate of development from 81-86 and the racers from that time. After all 3wheelers were responsible for paving the road to quads and are part of off road history. Many people don't even realize that they were raced and how big the trike industry was. This would truly be a great show, and one that might even be considered since it would attract both mx and quad people.