PDA

View Full Version : Oil Leak From CLutch Adjuster?

JohnR.
09-18-2006, 08:06 PM
The ATC 70 I just got has a pretty fair oil leak from the auto clutch adjustment screw on the RH side of the motor. It seems to be seeping out from under the 14mm nut that is used to lock the adjustment screw in place. I see there is a small O-ring in there from the pic I found on bikebandit but I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem with their 70/90/110? I got an O-ring that seems to be the same size (8mm x 1.72mm) but I figured if someone here has had this happen before they may have some insight for me. BTW that little sucker is almost as much fun in my yard as my 330R is on the frozen lake.:w00t:

John

hondaatcvabeach
09-18-2006, 08:41 PM
I think I remember having to replace the o-ring on a 110 I was fixing up. I am pretty shure it worked.

JohnR.
09-18-2006, 08:48 PM
Thanks! I'm a total newb when it comes to these 70's, show me a part from an 85/86 250r and I can probably tell you what it is, what color it should be, if it was different from 85 to 86, and maybe even what the torque spec is but these little guys are a new animal to me. I hope that fixes it, my daughter was having so much fun on it yesterday but it was leaking pretty good out of that thing and burning like mad on the exhaust right by the foot peg. I don't need to burn this thing up, we just got it.

John