PDA

View Full Version : Please HELP! ATC 350X Question

sportvette
04-05-2003, 10:29 PM
Hi,

I bought a new clarke gas tank. The only problem is it doesnt line up right. the mount in the front(rubber) is like a half inch too large for the plastic gas tank. Is this normal? I just bought this tank new and it doesnt line up. How do I get this thing on?

Thanks in advance.

Howdy
04-05-2003, 11:01 PM
Are you sure they sent you the right tank? If so have you tried prying the tank out a little? Not too much just enough get it on.
Howdy

sportvette
04-05-2003, 11:04 PM
looks like the right tank. its about the same size and looks like the metal original. i tried pulling it apart to get it around the front rubber but wouldnt budge much. do these tanks usually go on with no trouble?

Howdy
04-05-2003, 11:07 PM
I got 2 IMS tanks that fit nicely. I don't have any knowledge about the clarks.
Howdy

sportvette
04-05-2003, 11:10 PM
i think its the right tank. looks like the old one, and the shrouds attach fine. it needs to spread another inch in the front. i tried to pull it over the mount, but it wont budge.

Howdy
04-05-2003, 11:21 PM
Hopefully someone else may know. Sorry I don't have any more advice.
Howdy

Stouttrout
04-06-2003, 12:57 AM
I have a clark on one of my 350x's. It was a very , very tight fit. i just worked it till i got it one. I have not had it off since.

hrc200x
04-06-2003, 01:05 AM
I too have a clarke and I almost thought it wasn't going to fit when I was first putting it on. For those of you who are unfamiliar with a Clarke, the little scoop brackets for the front rubbers are cut out of the plastic in the tank, so there is really no mounting hardware. This is nice because I"ve seen some metal tanks with those scoops/cups broke off, but Clarke could make them a bit wider. I think my tank also sits ontop of the black intake tube. Keep working at it and it will hopfully go. You might be able to press the rubbers on the frame in with your thumb and with a help of a friend have him push the tank on.

bayougrizz
04-06-2003, 09:26 AM
I just put a new clarke on my 350x and I had to remove the left rubber to make it fit. Even then it was tough and had to really stretch the back of the tank to get it to fit over the brackets in back. I have removed it three times in two days and after you get it on for the first time, it stretches out pretty good.

sportvette
04-06-2003, 04:16 PM
thanks for the help everyone. now that i know this is normal. i will work at it to get it on.

thanks.