PDA

View Full Version : air cooled r's

ATCs Reborn
04-05-2003, 09:06 PM
new to the air cooleds. been lookin through the old mags to comapre and from the outside the topend setups look identical. is there any difference in the topend of the 81-82 models and the 83-84 models? strokes the same? i picked up and 82 that is missing the topend and have been limiting myself to the 81-82 to replace it only. seems to be alot more parts available for the 83-84 models, can i use the topend (cylinder, head, reed cage with reeds, exhaust flange) from them on my 82????

also, i do have a head that came with this machine. lookin through the mags i found a pic of one in the ad introducing the new 83 r. seems honda offered a big bore 300 kit from the factory and this head went to it. i don't have the matching cylinder, but still kinda a neat item, i wonder how many purchased the upgrade when they got their r's new. anybody happen to have this cylinder layin around?

peace,
steve

Trikeaholic
04-05-2003, 10:44 PM
far as I know, top ends are swappable. I have a 300 kit, need piston and head gasket for. I think they are really hard to come by.