PDA

View Full Version : Electrical on 200e

troy
09-16-2006, 11:32 PM
I have a weird but in mind logical question. I want to run my head light off my battery. And as we all know that a simple rectifier on a tri moto will not keep the battery charge on it's own. example, 55 watt halogen blue bulb. is there a way i can take my lighting coil wire going to the head light and re route it to a second rectifier then to the battery. so both source's of power from the engine goes into my battery..

The hole reason for this is because of two reasons, 1 the head light going down in wattage when i need it the most, and two i plan on hooking up my hand warmers up again...

84honda200s
09-16-2006, 11:34 PM
i dont know man but it sounds like a sweet idea. on paper it looks like it would work. but thats on paper.

troy
09-16-2006, 11:46 PM
see the problem is i'm using two items that suck up so much AMPS, hand warmers and 55 watt head light, halogen at that. and the charger is only putting in 1.5 amps at 3000RPM..With me being able to go this other route i can find a rectifier thats puts out more then 1.5 amps.

84honda200s
09-16-2006, 11:53 PM
ive of people useing rectifiers off of sleds. i dont know if its true but ive herd it. i dont know a whole lot about this kinda stuff. lol sorry if i wasnt a huge help.