PDA

View Full Version : 3-wheeler fans in Hawaii?

kamik333
09-15-2006, 12:18 AM
Anyone from Hawaii cruising this site? I have a cherry 185s but have never seen or heard of others that ride on 3...anyone from Hawaii out there? I'll be selling a cherry '83 185s soon...anyone in the area interested?

Bryan Raffa
09-15-2006, 12:19 AM
:welcome: Im shure some one will be.. got pics?

RedRider_AK
09-15-2006, 12:24 AM
I went to Hawaii a few times... and I wish I had a trike there....

Does that count? :lol: :welcome:

ATC-Eric
09-15-2006, 02:22 AM
Awwww man! You just got that thing! Why you selling?

I'll buy it, wanna meet half way? :naughty:

kamik333
09-15-2006, 08:47 PM
Well, I had wanted a 3-wheeler with reverse and after much searching and placing a couple of ads in the paper, I found only 3. The first was a 110 that was beyond hope and no reverse. Then I found this 185s and though it does not have reverse, it was in such great shape, I could not resist. I swear to you that it looks like it was only sold last year, the previous owner must have just had it covered in his barn. Now I recently got a great deal on a quad with reverse and hi/low gearing so for now will be using that to pull my trailer around my property. Now I did locate a Big Red but it was in really bad shape so I passed but kept thinking about it because it was the exact version I wanted, an '84. So if I can sell the 185s I'm going to go buy that Big Red and do a restoration.

trikes4life
09-15-2006, 10:08 PM
sounds good to me i like the big reds

kamik333
09-18-2006, 11:46 PM
To add a twist to this, I got a call on Sunday...a guy responding to my old ad, says he has a 125M. He says in good condition but is asking more than I am willing to pay. Planning to go take a look because I believe it has reverse gear and has hi/lo range. How many years did Honda sell these? I think these had solid rear and front...how are they in comparison to Big Reds?

random-strike
09-18-2006, 11:57 PM
125m wont have enough power to pull much up any type of hill

you really need a 250 big red

if you can compromise on the reverse a 200s, 200x, or 350x can pull quite a bit

Chevy200s
09-19-2006, 12:04 AM
The 125M might have reverse if its a later model. As far as not being able to pull up hills, I dont know I guess that depends on the hill and the wieght of the rider. before I got my first trike that was all mine I used to ride my dad's atc 90. That poor little trike got me up some big hills that gave my buddy's Big Red 200E a run for its money. Just gotta put it in low range and lean way out on the front. Dont ever count out the smaller trikes just because the displacement is lower, they have their advantages too:cool: anyways, just my opinion, good luck deciding and let us know what you end up getting!:)

ATC-Eric
09-19-2006, 01:02 AM
A restore on the Red would be cool.

Shipping on parts might kill you though.............

GeniusBlock
09-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Bringing my family to Maui in February. If you are on that island, I'll bring some small stuff in my suitcase for a lead on a good/inexpensive place to stay for a week.

kamik333
09-19-2006, 10:50 PM
Yeh, I'm kind of unsure of what path to take at this point...I like the 185s I have right now. It has more than enough power for what I need to do, it's in great condition, starts up usually first pull and very maneuverable. Having no rear suspension is one of the negatives as well as the lack of electric start but that is something I could live with... and though it does not have a reverse gear, due to the light weight, I can usually lift it for turn arounds, but you all know this already so please bear with me as I think aloud. Now I mentioned that I just bought a 250 quad quad 2WD and it does have el start, suspension all around, reverse, dual range gear box and I am actually pretty surprised how well it handles the rougher hills in comparison to the 3-wheeler.

With that said, wondering what the differences are between the Big Reds and the 125m. Is there a site that lists the specs of the various Honda ATC's? Besides the engine displacement, I believe the 125m is chain drive and the Big Red is shaft driven from '84 had a sprung rear from '85 whereas the 125m is solid front and back...oh, and the
Big Red had hi/lo range until 84. I think I will pass the 125m and either buy that project 84 Big Red or keep looking for a nicer Big Red...

Bryan Raffa
09-19-2006, 10:57 PM
I always want to go to Comeoniwanttolayya