PDA

View Full Version : ATC 70 Pipe Stuck In Head?

JohnR.
09-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Today, I completely disassembled the ATC 70 I just got in order to get it ready for my daughter to ride it. I got the nuts off of the studs on the head pipe and got the flange off of the studs but I cannot for the life of me get the head pipe to come of of the darn head!! Am I missing something?I tried heating it with the torch I used to get the nuts off, I tried twisting the exhaust side to side, up and down, and I even tried pounding on the head pipe with a hammer a little but it just will not move. :confused: I've got it loaded up with PB Blaster right now so I can have a go at it again tomorrow. I really need to get the exhaust out so I can either clean it up nice and paint it or maybe put an aftermarket one on it. Any help would be most appreciated.

John

hrc200x
09-14-2006, 10:49 PM
I've got an extra atc 70 head that has part of an exhaust in it also, I've had a pipe wrench on it, tried pounding the edges of the exhaust over and it won't come out and ends up in worse shape every time. According to the partsfishe there are wedges or spacers between the pipe and cyclinder, maybe they are causing part of the headache.

JohnR.
09-14-2006, 11:06 PM
That's what I was afraid of. I know I could get it out at the cost of breaking the pipe but I want to re-use the pipe, I just want it out so I can clean it up. Hopefully someone here has some insight.

Thanks.

John