PDA

View Full Version : 250 Tri Z clutch price

random-strike
09-13-2006, 10:10 PM
Hi, im looking on the price and where to get a clutch for a yamaha tri z 250 2 stroke.

also, how difficult would it be for me to put this guy in.

thanks ;)

MTS
09-13-2006, 11:05 PM
There Pie to put in, Run about 200$ or so if i remember correctly thats OEM yamaha tho, i think EBC makes a cheaper kit for it.

random-strike
09-14-2006, 12:00 AM
There Pie to put in, Run about 200$ or so if i remember correctly thats OEM yamaha tho, i think EBC makes a cheaper kit for it.

cool

do you have a site that sells these online?

i checked bikebandit.com and from what i gathered it said $48 for it. but it may have not been a totall kit

MTS
09-14-2006, 12:01 AM
i think www.denniskirk.com sells them.

random-strike
09-14-2006, 12:16 AM
i think www.denniskirk.com sells them.

thank you sir.

im still not entirly sure what to get.

i havent picked the trike up yet but the guy says the clutch is like either on or off, and it'll grab and die instantly when they let off the lever a little bit

ATC-Eric
09-14-2006, 01:34 AM
it'll grab and die instantly when they let off the lever a little bit

It might just require a small adjustment. You can download a manual for the Z on this site with a small donation. That should help you with everything you need.

Have you driven it? Maybe they dont know what their doing..........:rolleyes:

random-strike
09-14-2006, 02:05 AM
It might just require a small adjustment. You can download a manual for the Z on this site with a small donation. That should help you with everything you need.

Have you driven it? Maybe they dont know what their doing..........:rolleyes:

heh, he sounds like he knows.

he said he tried to adjust it. what i think he did is installed it without letting it sit in oil.

clutchcargo
09-14-2006, 11:54 AM
If you need a clutch, make sure you get the friction plates and the steel plates. A clutch is usually around a hundred bucks. Make sure that your adjustment is correct before you start ordering parts though. You probably should get a side cover gasket also.

ATC-Eric
09-14-2006, 12:42 PM
heh, he sounds like he knows.

he said he tried to adjust it. what i think he did is installed it without letting it sit in oil.

Yeah, your supose to grease up those plates. Very well may be your problem.

random-strike
09-14-2006, 12:44 PM
Yeah, your supose to grease up those plates. Very well may be your problem.

i wonder if i took it out and oiled it up for a while and put it in if it would work.

or it may just be shot