PDA

View Full Version : Pre CDI ignition.....Help

robby2shoes
09-08-2006, 01:58 AM
I need wiring diagram for a 1982 suzuki alt 125 no cdi only magneto and coil...

devildog_0431
09-08-2006, 02:22 AM
Couldn't find one on here ? If you search wiring on this board there is a post somebody made w/ online stored diagrams, check it out. No cdi so straight wire from magneto to coil. should only be 4 or 5 wires, is there a battery ? less wires if not. have u turned the motor to see what wire is hot off the magneto for yur coil and light power ?

robby2shoes
09-08-2006, 02:58 AM
There is no battery. How do I determine "hot" wire. I have no spark,just trying to track down problem

Vealmonkey
09-08-2006, 09:49 AM
robby2shoes, Was this suzuki garage kept all it's life, or is it a little crusty and exposed to all the elements at one time or another. If it has been exposed to rain and snow and all that good stuff, I would personally check each and every place where the wires are hooked to each other and where wires are grounded to the frame. Make sure all those connections are nice and clean and then try looking for spark again. I find that most times, the connections are corroded or that where the ground wire attaches to the frame is rusty and not getting a good ground. Also check around the handlebars for the off\run switch. If things are looking a little crusty inside the switch, that would be a good area to try and careful clean up also. Hope this helps, good luck and keep everyone posted.