PDA

View Full Version : 84 ytm225dx PROJECT

devildog_0431
09-04-2006, 09:26 PM
Picked this bike up for $200 w/ no wire harness, tryin to wire it now but can't get spark. It has a DG Pipe and 2001 Raptor Rims on the Back, brakes work. No main key switch so I put a flip toggel on it. Painted the frame neon green, plastic will be black w/ green flames or lighting when finished. I need to talk w/ some 225DX owners w/ help on wiring, diagrams aren't helping at this point.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/devildog_0431/Cars/PHOT0111.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/devildog_0431/Cars/PHOT0110.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/devildog_0431/Cars/PHOT0109.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/devildog_0431/Cars/PHOT0108.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/devildog_0431/Cars/PHOT0107.jpg

traxxasx
09-05-2006, 02:47 AM
Dude it looks sick, but go with a much taller skinier front rim. Also i love the banshee wheels what size are they 20''? There sick, the fram looks sick 2. Check ebay for a wire harness theres people on here with part 225's and they probably have a harness. Keep up the good work, look its a yamasaki! Ohh my freind has the same exhaust its sounds nice and is loud good pipe. As you can see in my sig im trying to find some real cheap rims with hubs so i can have the much lower profile bigger rim thinner tire look. "flat track" like my 225dx?

devildog_0431
09-05-2006, 01:27 PM
I'm lookin for new fron't rim right now, I know the stock ones up front are just not cuttin it, LOL. I've talked to some guys sellin DX's on Ebay and they will part them out if their bikes don't sell as one piece. But Traxxasx...since u have a DX....can u help me track down a couple wire issues I'm having ? Just a couple questions that I can't figure out on the 3 Wire Diagrams I have. Phone would be good if u could do that. I like urs alot.

traxxasx
09-05-2006, 06:57 PM
I'm lookin for new fron't rim right now, I know the stock ones up front are just not cuttin it, LOL. I've talked to some guys sellin DX's on Ebay and they will part them out if their bikes don't sell as one piece. But Traxxasx...since u have a DX....can u help me track down a couple wire issues I'm having ? Just a couple questions that I can't figure out on the 3 Wire Diagrams I have. Phone would be good if u could do that. I like urs alot.

Yes but i doubt i be of any help. The person that oned it *Edited**Edited* me thought it would be cool to rip everything out under the seat rip out the ignition and rip the lights so basicly i have all these cut wires that go nowhere, so now i have to pull start mine every time.

cragster
09-05-2006, 07:01 PM
Looks good! I wonder if a Tri-Z front end would work on it?

Yamaha Tri-Moto
09-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Sweet, I like the color. Keep us posted.

ATCR250R
09-05-2006, 07:21 PM
The paint job on the frame doesnt look bad at all in the pics. Looks like a good quality job, wheels are nice but you could use some tires. haha good luck with it.

devildog_0431
09-06-2006, 12:47 AM
I definately need a new front rim and tire, LOL...just makes me sick havin 2 chrome and 1 black fatty ruining the dream. My cousin has a Triz he put a 850cc in....i think he has spare front ends layin around ? Oh yea there 20in tires too, I've got some 22's I may put on it.

TRAXXASX.....I have questions about the magneto wires and a wire coming off the wire harness that's it, very easy.....can I call and talk to u about it while u look at it for me ?

If you wanna use the electric starter just hook it up.....get a solenoid if u don't have one....I used the one out of my truck on my DX, lol.

traxxasx
09-06-2006, 05:52 AM
I definately need a new front rim and tire, LOL...just makes me sick havin 2 chrome and 1 black fatty ruining the dream. My cousin has a Triz he put a 850cc in....i think he has spare front ends layin around ? Oh yea there 20in tires too, I've got some 22's I may put on it.

TRAXXASX.....I have questions about the magneto wires and a wire coming off the wire harness that's it, very easy.....can I call and talk to u about it while u look at it for me ?

If you wanna use the electric starter just hook it up.....get a solenoid if u don't have one....I used the one out of my truck on my DX, lol.

Its cool i like pullstart it doesent bother me. I customized it so it has no elecric start for anything. I took all that off. Yea i could look tommrow give me a call around when ever you want ill go out and look for you. (1-702-791-0726) Names Royson i most likely answer the phone, stay with the 20's i hate my 22's im lookin for 20's or some 18''s. You can basicly fit any tire on the front as long as you have a spacer which would have to be custom probably.

edog
09-06-2006, 09:02 AM
When you get those 18's you better get some extra rear shid plates.lol

traxxasx
09-06-2006, 09:24 AM
When you get those 18's you better get some extra rear shid plates.lol

If it is a problem i would just fill in the back skid plate with some sheet metal so its whole.