PDA

View Full Version : 200x rear end height

SET THE STAGE
09-03-2006, 04:37 PM
okay so i'm looking for every way possible to make my 200x sit up a little higher in the rear because of my 18's. well i was wondering if anybody would happen to know what this guy might have done?

http://www.files.3wheelerworld.com/readersrigs/200xSide.jpg

that is definitely not a stock shock, with 18's, the seat is lower than that.

deathman53
09-03-2006, 05:38 PM
it looks like the forks are abit high. I think the front end is the concern here, not the rear. The rear looks to sit alittle high too. It looks like you have some other model forks and it looks as they have alot of rake too.

cragster
09-03-2006, 09:30 PM
I would say do the 350x shock with lowering thing. Also you might want to check into a custom douglass wheels 10 inch front rim with a 21 inch tire to make it sit lower in the frotn as well

edog
09-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Got any better pics of your trike?

badasskfx
09-03-2006, 10:46 PM
back in the day my buddy made a lift kit for his x. it was real easy he just used steel an attached it to the shock on one end and the frame on the other end. just a home made bracket/mount. made the bike more tippy. he only went like 1.5 inches. it looked awesome but sacrafised some handeling. remove the top shock bolt and raise the bike to desired height and build the mount.\ in the empty space

traxxasx
09-04-2006, 12:13 AM
it looks like the forks are abit high. I think the front end is the concern here, not the rear. The rear looks to sit alittle high too. It looks like you have some other model forks and it looks as they have alot of rake too.

lol the pic is not his trike read throughly. hes asking what did the owned of the trike in the pic do to it. so it sits high in the back.,

traxxasx
09-04-2006, 12:17 AM
Get some square tubing about 3 inches long. fit it over the top shock bolt, weld it to the shock or drill a hole in the tubing and bolt it to the shock, now get a drill and drill holes into the tubing, now bold that to the frame, whenever you want to go back to normal take it off, when you want to go high raise it, when you want to go higher raise it higher.

SET THE STAGE
09-04-2006, 12:37 AM
yeah this isn't mine, i wish it was mine. this thing's damn nice hahah.

i'm looking for a way to raise my rear end up like how he has his. and so far i'm down to 2 options that i might try

1. buy an 83 250r shock which is about an inch longer or so and try to make that fit
or
2. get a 350x shock and make a lowering kit. only thing with that is, i have an older swingarm without the detachable linkage so it'd be kind of a pain to rig something up.

opinions?

SET THE STAGE
09-04-2006, 12:40 AM
also, i'm not real concerned about tippyness, i have 300ex hubs to make it wider plus mine sits so low that my pipe is practically touching my rear rotor.... yeah, that low. if i could find out from the guy who owns this one what he did that'd be great because that's the height i'm looking for, maybe even a tad higher.

oh and i saw in one picture a guy had a higher sitting rear too, he said he had an older CR dirtbike shock on it... anybody know what year would be close to the length of the 200x shock?