PDA

View Full Version : suzuki alt50 mod ideas???

minitrikemania
09-02-2006, 12:45 AM
i have a 1984 suzuki alt50 and i was wondering if anyone has any ideas to mod it, both performance and looks,i was thinking about gettin a suzuki jr50 engine as it has gears, and using my top end, any thaughts, and also what about

-black tank
-white frame
-snow camo seat
-white rear fenders
-back front fender
-gold ,rims and bars
-maybe gold engine

Any body think this would look any good?

TimSr
09-02-2006, 09:02 AM
Why? Its the smallest of the mini trikes, and have more motor than a child of the appropriate size for that trike can handle as it is. They are also extremely rare, and modfications destroy their value. Id preserve it or sell it, and buy what you want.

minitrikemania
09-02-2006, 11:53 PM
i would keep the bottom end off the engine i have now or find a top and, plus the jr50 engine will bolt right in without any mods

Mr. Sandman
09-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Lookswise I'd restore it to original but if you want to get a few more beans out of the motor there are some things you can do. I made the following mods to my sons Kawasaki KFX50 quad (same motor as the ALT and the LT50 quad) and they really help. When it's all done and back together the only things that are visible and give away the mods are the aluminum silencer and throatier exhaust note.
1. Remove all restrictors. There's one for the carb where it bolts onto the little elbow shaped intake manifold and one in the cylinder where the exhaust bolts on.
2. Put a K & N air fillter and Outerwears on. You have to modify the plastic air box and a motor mount to accept it, but it can be done. Use filter
#RU-0200.
3. FMF makes a pipe/slicencer combo for that wakes it up a little. It doesn't have an expansion chamber, but it does help.
4. Rejet the carb. A must do if you make the air fliter and pipe swap. Replace the #55 main with a #75 and remove one of the stacked pilot jets.
5. Eliminate the oil injection system and run pre-mix with a good synthetic oil.

RedRider_AK
09-03-2006, 02:03 PM
3. FMF makes a pipe/slicencer combo for that wakes it up a little. It doesn't have an expansion chamber, but it does help.

CT Racing makes an expansion chamber pipe and silencer for the LT50/KFX50 which would probably work.

minitrikemania
09-04-2006, 07:59 AM
thanks for the tips, i would rather have an expanshine chambre so i am going to check out ct racing, thanks alot, any one else got any ?

RedRider_AK
09-04-2006, 02:05 PM
thanks for the tips, i would rather have an expanshine chambre so i am going to check out ct racing, thanks alot, any one else got any ?

I remember reading in ATV Action a while ago that you can run some kind of special oil in the tranny of the LT50 to keep the clutch from burning out... I'll look and see sometime today.

minitrikemania
09-04-2006, 03:24 PM
i was on some forum earlier today and it was about making a boost bottle so i got to thinking, ,my trike doesnt run on the vacum any more so i removed the cap off the vacum inlet and made a boost bottle out of a castrol oil container, but it was to big and calumsy so i exchanged it with a smaller shampoo bottle, the boost bottle realy does make a difference in the bike, it gave me alotmore power:w00t: and acceleration:w00t: but it didnt gain to much speed, i also made a custom exaust today which i will install some day this weekor next week, i think id rather find another exaust first thos so i dont have to cut my header, and so that if the exaust doesnt work out to well i dont have to weld up the stock exaust , also does anybody think a white frame would look any good on the bike?

RedRider_AK
09-04-2006, 03:51 PM
WTF. How would a boost bottle help on a single carb machine? I thought that a boost bottle was meant to equalize pressure between the carbs on a twin carb machine?

On another note: Frame color is directly dependent on plastic color. Personally I think if you made the frame white, it would get boned too fast. Use a dark frame color and a light plastic color (i.e. black and white, blue and white, blue and yellow, etc)

firefirefire90
09-04-2006, 03:54 PM
people have been using boost bottles on the early atc250R's and tri-z's for racing A LOT. Those were big back then. Don't really know to much on how they work, but i do know that a lot of people used them.

minitrikemania
09-04-2006, 03:55 PM
ya i think i mite do that with the colours, ya i thaught the same thing until people started to use the boost bottles on gas scooters and pocket bikes , the ones on the single carb collect the gas which doesnt go into the motor and that basically goes back into the carb and holds it untill needed it makes it easier on gas and improves performance alot on the single carb machines

KASEY
09-04-2006, 05:53 PM
the ones on the single carb collect the gas which doesnt go into the motor and that basically goes back into the carb and holds it untill needed it makes it easier on gas and improves performance alot on the single carb machines

sorry not even close,,,,, boost bottles deal with positive and negitive crankcase pressure,, not gas,,, when you let off the throttle you have positive pressure in the crankcase. the second you get back on the gas the positive charge (air fuel mixture) is reinjected into the crankcase improving throttle response it also gives you more volume in your intake tract,,,, on a 50cc,,, motor its all in your mind,,,, :D :D :D :D

minitrikemania
09-04-2006, 06:56 PM
sorry not with the type that i used i read it off of like 5 different sites and off of like 3 boost bottle companys that make them for pocket bikes and gas scooters, and trust me it made a difference with it even if it is only a "50"

KASEY
09-04-2006, 09:04 PM
sorry but there is only one TYPE of boost bottle,,, and usually the company telling you they work awesome is selling them,,,,,,, do a search and look at engine builders not wholesale scooter parts ,,,, then you will get real world information,,,,, ohh i forgot,,, maybe a shampoo bottle would be different:D

minitrikemania
09-05-2006, 07:25 PM
www.hartmaninc.com/engine.html
www.eindiancompanies.com/images/resonator.htm
www.gopednation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156481

minitrikemania
09-05-2006, 09:15 PM
o well it doesnt realy matter how it works as long as it works, but i think it makes a difference to my trike, but u might not, so lets forget about how it works, also i added a custom homemade exaust tonight that sounds awsome , i havnt got to try iy yet just started it due to neighbors that complain alot and have a kid that has to go to school tomoro , but i will soon post some pics , and also im thinkin about shaving my fenders and painting the whole trike up, any thaughts?

Tri-ZNate
09-05-2006, 09:32 PM
the early lt50s are the same thing from the tripples back. If you can find an old performance exhaust go for it, since I'm not sure if a new one would bolt up

minitrikemania
09-05-2006, 09:50 PM
ta i think it was the same up until 98 but i made an exaust and it sounds pretty friggin nice lol , id like 2 have a ct racing expanshin chamber

minitrikemania
09-06-2006, 03:38 PM
any body else with any ideas, also it is burning base oil now so im goin to rip it apart and put new seals in it al;so ,and paint her well im at it

minitrikemania
09-07-2006, 02:24 PM
bike is tore apart now and has the engine,tank,seat,fenders,race plate, wiring,oil injector tank,foot pegs,pipe, etc removed so basically its a rolloing chassis and is soon goin be painted white like biggreenmachines tecate chassis is like, also im shavin the fenders, the front has been done before i got it, i took thee intake elbow peice and made it bigger inside by using a big drill bit the heated it and smoothened out the inside smoother then it was when it was stock and im goin to get an after market exaust for it if i can find it , also if ic an get a set of cheap bars with removeable cross bar, maybe a se of msrs, any ways any body know if there is a set of white fenders available for this or the the kxf50 or lt50, and does any body know if a cr60 tank bould be able to be fitted without cutting the frame? i will post some:pics: when its completed.

thedeatons
09-07-2006, 03:00 PM
Please do us a favor and refrain from destroying one of the rarest and THE smallest ATC ever made. This trike was made for small kids who are just starting and don't need much power at all. My four year old started on hers when she was three, and everyone loves it's uniqueness and originallity. If you really need more power, buy a 70 or something else that was more mass produced. It looks as if you have a fine example of an ALT50, why not spend money on restoring it to original condition, as Mike Palmgren did for Honda's museum...

minitrikemania
09-07-2006, 03:58 PM
im goin to keep all of the original parts im just goin to add some after market things and when i got to sell it i will simply just put the originals back on it , thats y i was wonderin if there was any after market plastics available, and if the cr tank would fit with out ruinin the trike, and ive spent alot of ime trying to find a 70 around here , i know were to get a rolling chassis but it isnt woth what there askinfor it so if i find a 70 i will buy that instead

thedeatons
09-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Where are you located? Maybe I can help.....

minitrikemania
09-08-2006, 06:41 AM
i live in newfoundland canada