PDA

View Full Version : PWR Radiators

88 Turbo Coupe
09-01-2006, 07:10 AM
Has anyone upgraded their 85/86 250r with aliuminium radiators? Any problems with the fit on the brackets? Any clearance problems? Thanks

deathman53
09-01-2006, 04:03 PM
I have them on mine and they fit good w/ a short track kit, I can't imagine any problems with stock front ends.

bushwacker51
09-02-2006, 12:16 AM
Are the radiators bigger then the stock radiators and did you notice if the trike ran cooler with the aftermarket radiators. i think those radiators are 3-50-400 bucks. Thats alot of money to see no to marginal results. thanks for any additional information Glenn O

deathman53
09-02-2006, 10:15 AM
I never ran it yet, I bought them so I could have new radiators, not ones with bent fins and stuff, they are thicker than stock. They go alittle bit more forward and very little back. I'll let you know if they run cooler when I finally get a chance to run them, wheather here is kinda bad now. I know the pwer radiators work far better on quads, I'd imagine similar results on the atc's.

ChrisD
12-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Hey Deathman....do they work? I just bought a set. I'm curious if they drop the temp at all. They should.

I remembered that you had a short track kit too. It's great to hear that they will bolt in without a problem.

deathman53
12-12-2006, 11:15 PM
They cool better, it was nice to have new radiators. Wheather they are worth the $390 depends on how your radiators are. I am running a hot running motor and on hot summer days, it runs about 180, slow trails and such around 200. They do take longer to heat up the bike and the bike takes awhile to get to around 200.
I think they were worth it, especailly if you have a real hot motor(big bore, alot of porting, hotter spark etc), but if you have a stock motor, they aren't worth it. Pretty much the same as with trx's, if you have a stock motor, a stock radiator is fine, but a highly modded motor needs a pwr or equivealnt brand oversize dual pass radiator.