PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Big Red idling question

oldman
08-31-2006, 08:49 AM
Dumb question I know but........which carb "screw" sets the idling speed? Many thanks for any help. Harlan in MN

350x'inNY
08-31-2006, 10:55 AM
Long time no see Harlan! Hey... I got a pretty original 1985 ATC70 if you need decals scanned.

The idle screw of course!! My ATV maintenance manual is up to my brother-in-laws, but if I recall and if it's similar to my 350X, it should be a big screw you can either turn by hand (ribbed and about a 1/4 inch deep) with a standard screw driver tip on the end. My 350X if you turn it clockwise it increases RPM. I have a thread on here about a Big Red Rev scan and there's a link to download the Honda Service Manual off that.

Bruce "Hondaline" Hartman

trikes4life
08-31-2006, 11:01 AM
i belive the idle screw was big and black made out of plastic, it was the carb. and you turned it with your fingers, not scew driver. May be wrong though.

oldman
09-05-2006, 05:06 AM
Many thanks for the help - (Hi Bruce H.) - of course, right there in front of me - gets a little hot in the there trying to adjust when the exhaust is hot but........a good old pliers will work. It's fixed - thanks again!