PDA

View Full Version : Need Quick Responses

traxxasx
08-30-2006, 09:00 AM
In a couple of hours im going down to the bike shop to pick up some jets so i can rejet my bike. Ok i all have different is basicly a straight throgh cobra slip on. Well it lets the bike exhale alot, but i need it to inhale more :). Ok so the head pipe is the same and everything. JUst a slip on, i might go with a k&n clamp on loater down the road. So the question is how many jet sizes should i go up? I have stock sizes now. I have a 1985 225dx, also do i have to up both jets? Or just the big one? Also can you tell me how many you would get to get the best out of it. I dont have enought money to buy many and play around. Thanks in advanced.

wheelie king
08-30-2006, 09:08 AM
Go up about 6 to 8 points on your main jet, and that should be fine, IMO

chris200x
08-30-2006, 09:09 AM
Hmm, with just a slip on muffler I think you may not have to do anything. (I'm going through this right now) Best way to tell is do a plug chop and see if the tip of the plug is white. If it is your lean. Try raising or lowering the clip on the needle first and to another plug chop. If it's white still you may need to go up a size or two in the main jet.

It's mostly a trial and error type thing but it can be frustrating. Like stated before I'm doing this on my SX right now and It's a PITA to keep pullin the carb. It's really tight in there.

If you have to go bigger on the jet I would recommend getting a few next bigger sizes. The slow jet may have to be bigger as well. (this is what I think is wrong with mine btw) it's hard to start and revs at idle.

This is the greatest thing since sliced bread:

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=55086

traxxasx
08-30-2006, 07:15 PM
Well my plug is black all around, i changed the needle on the clip down one. I want to rejet do i can get more gas and more power. So i guess i will go down and get 7 sizes up and try that.