PDA

View Full Version : `85 250r project.

wolfspider
08-24-2006, 10:40 AM
hi heres a few pictures of my 85 250r, which was a basket case when i got it a couple of years ago.
i`ve been doing it up slowly as funds allowed, theres a few bugs to iron out of it, but its pretty much done.
what do you think??
steve:beer

Mrs.Mosh
08-24-2006, 10:44 AM
Very Nice! I like how you have the blue stripe down the center. Looks good!

mean350
08-24-2006, 10:49 AM
that is one of the most awesome r's i have ever seen!!!

Cody
08-24-2006, 10:56 AM
That there is AWESOME.

wolfspider
08-24-2006, 10:57 AM
Thanks glad you like the colours, the tank has a mxa tank cover that i scored on uk ebay.
i know it won`t be to everyones taste but i love it.:beer
steve

SYKO
08-24-2006, 10:59 AM
thumbs up homie!! I like the blue front looks sweet, that tank cover is sick!

Dusty
08-24-2006, 02:26 PM
thumbs up homie!! I like the blue front looks sweet, that tank cover is sick!

couldnt have said it better...took the words outta my mouth....where did you get that tank cover done at.......

wolfspider
08-25-2006, 03:45 AM
couldnt have said it better...took the words outta my mouth....where did you get that tank cover done at.......

Thanks for the replys guys and gals, the tank cover came off uk ebay and was nos from back in the day i guess, i got three of them, this one and two others that i sold, one on ebay and the other i gave to a mate.
the picture shows what the other cover was like when i was messing around with what i wanted it to look like.
there really well made from leather. i got one for my old yz100 as well.
steve:beer

staceyl200
08-25-2006, 04:56 AM
Hey Steve !!

Looks tiptop dude !!!! Have you had it running yet? With a bit of luck my project 85R will be done and dusted lol with a bit of help from Pete !!!

See you soon

Stacey

slothminx
08-25-2006, 05:16 AM
Realll nice, Something a little different.

The number of UK 250R's on here is growing! We need to get a big ride together :naughty:

I might be hitting Petes next weekend, couldnt do this weekend.

wolfspider
08-25-2006, 05:16 AM
Hey Steve !!

Looks tiptop dude !!!! Have you had it running yet? With a bit of luck my project 85R will be done and dusted lol with a bit of help from Pete !!!

See you soon

Stacey

hi stacey
thanks for that, i`ve had it running but not ridden it yet, weathers been crap, i don`t want to get it messed up lol.
pete will get your 85 sorted, then i want to see pictures:pics: .
cheers steve

wolfspider
08-25-2006, 05:19 AM

The number of UK 250R's on here is growing! We need to get a big ride together :naughty:

thanks slothminx
you`ll have a great time at petes :beer
i would love us all to get together for a ride sometime, i`ll bring my 350x down to add to the fun lol:w00t:
steve

staceyl200
08-25-2006, 06:04 AM
I think a trip to Toms Farm could be on the cards ,,,like a UK Trikefest :w00t: I,ve heard that its quite good for trails and theres a big hillclimb there:naughty: what do think??:D

staceyl200
08-25-2006, 06:05 AM

I should be able to make Petes next weekend also :Bounce See you there Will:naughty:

wolfspider
08-25-2006, 08:04 AM
I think a trip to Toms Farm could be on the cards ,,,like a UK Trikefest :w00t: I,ve heard that its quite good for trails and theres a big hillclimb there:naughty: what do think??:D

i`m up for it:w00t: trail ridings a bit easier for me than flat out racing, lets do it before the winter comes;) :twisted:
steve

slothminx
08-26-2006, 06:36 AM
What about Toms farm next sat? We could head up to petes and get there nice and early and head on up. Were up for whatever riding is available :) And have a large trailer for if you guys want to meet up at petes and sling your trikes on the trailer and head on up with us. Could probably get 3-4 on there.

Or we could just hit Petes farm, its damn good there too :lol:

kingdeacon
08-26-2006, 07:32 AM
hi guys, do you lot in this post come from uk then? where do you go riding? would love to meet up one day for a look at some other 250rs and a ride together.
rob
brighton, england

petesatc
08-26-2006, 07:40 AM
Hey Steve
looking good dude.......not sure about the tank cover but you know me OEM only!!!
As for Tom's farm next weekend someone would have to take my bike as just bought a new car and no tow bar.....going to buy a van soon but until then it's Pete's Farm only for me:((((

Pete

petesatc
08-26-2006, 07:42 AM
hi guys, do you lot in this post come from uk then? where do you go riding? would love to meet up one day for a look at some other 250rs and a ride together.
rob
brighton, england
Hi Rob
yep we should all get together for a race......
what year R have you got???

Pete

slothminx
08-26-2006, 07:44 AM
Pete, You can sling it on our trailer and ride with us. All for the price of a ride on the quad for the father unit . I'm not really trying to blackmail you :naughty: ;) :Bounce

kingdeacon
08-26-2006, 09:29 AM
Hi Rob
yep we should all get together for a race......
what year R have you got???

Pete

hi mate, its a 83. well used and battered but still running good, only had it few weeks so not sure how i would get on in a race. where do you guys go?

wolfspider
08-26-2006, 10:03 AM
Hey Steve
looking good dude.......not sure about the tank cover but you know me OEM only!!!
As for Tom's farm next weekend someone would have to take my bike as just bought a new car and no tow bar.....going to buy a van soon but until then it's Pete's Farm only for me:((((

Pete

Hi Pete
thanks dude, i knew the tank cover wasn`t to your taste:lol: think of it as oem protection, or cheap skate steve doesn`t want to do any more work on this trike:lol: :p
steve

petesatc
08-26-2006, 10:37 AM
Hi Pete
thanks dude, i knew the tank cover wasn`t to your taste:lol: think of it as oem protection, or cheap skate steve doesn`t want to do any more work on this trike:lol: :p
steve
Hey dude
get the sandpaper out and rub that tank LOL........if you start now should be there by crimbo:D :D :D :D :D
are you still coming down in sept???

Pete

wolfspider
08-26-2006, 10:44 AM
Hey dude
get the sandpaper out and rub that tank LOL........if you start now should be there by crimbo:D :D :D :D :D
are you still coming down in sept???

Pete

Hi Pete
:lol: :lol: :lol:
yep still coming down in september can`t do next weekend though, :( but should be down between 10 and 15. let me know whens good with u.
steve

petesatc
08-26-2006, 11:07 AM
hi mate, its a 83. well used and battered but still running good, only had it few weeks so not sure how i would get on in a race. where do you guys go?
Some of the guys come to my house to ride......(pete's farm as it's know LOL)
but it's a little far for you......i also ride the foresty trails down here ...we normaly do about 50miles trails when we go and it's great fun.....

kingdeacon
08-26-2006, 08:37 PM
50 miles!!! where the hell do you do that? sounds crazy!

kingdeacon
08-26-2006, 08:39 PM
oh and no where is to far!