PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha 225DX Automatic Clutch Question.

dude5x
08-23-2006, 11:40 AM
Mine seems to slip a lot when I take off, is there any adjustment for this? Is there any where to get a service manuel for this trike for I would have to ask all these dumb questions.............? What type of oil do I run in the crank case also. Thanks for all your help

dude5x
08-23-2006, 11:40 AM
Mine seems to slip a lot when I take off, is there any adjustment for this? Is there any where to get a service manuel for this trike for I would have to ask all these dumb questions.............? What type of oil do I run in the crank case also. Thanks for all your help

Tri-ZNate
08-23-2006, 11:47 AM
yes on the side of your engine (should be the right side) there will be a nut threaded on a bolt with a flat head screw driver tip. hold the bolt with a screw driver while you loosen the bolt, then turn the bolt clockwise till you hit resistance (go nice and slow), once resistance is felt turn back 1/8 of a turn and tighten the nut down.

10w30 in winter, 10w40 in the summer but I have even run 20w40 and had no problems. I also only run fully synthetic.

edog
08-23-2006, 12:28 PM
Here you go.As for the oil,thicker in the summer,thiner in the winter.

dude5x
08-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Thanks, I'll give it a shot. If this doesn't work, is it suck to change the clutch's out?

edog
08-24-2006, 12:52 PM
The only problem I see is the screws that hold the side cover on.The can

become seized in where they thread into the other case half.I had to use a

pair of channel locks on the heads.This didn't work on all of them.I snapped a

few of the heads off.Once you take the case off you can get to the rest of the

screws with the heads snapped off.Just put on the channel locks of the shaft

off the screw.Remember....righty tighty,lefty lucie.