PDA

View Full Version : banshee swingarm to tri z ??

iwallace
08-22-2006, 12:02 PM
might be a stupid question but will a banshee swingarm fit a tri z.
or as any 1 done it with mods ?
thanks again ian

TimSr
08-22-2006, 04:48 PM
Not even close. Blaster is closer, but its a downgrade.

Kintore
08-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Downgrade cause its shorter Tim?

iwallace
08-22-2006, 05:06 PM
thanks for the replies.......
only asked cos thats all i was finding on ebay ??

CHAINSAW
08-22-2006, 06:32 PM
A 660 raptor is fairly close, but would take a little machine work. I just about ran one of these because they are aluminum. The big thing is the front, where its notched for the motor. Its been a good year or so when I had one and was figuring it all out, so I forgot what exactly needed to be done.

TimSr
08-22-2006, 08:00 PM
Downgrade cause its shorter Tim?

No, its a downgrade because the Blaster does not use the linkage type suspension setup of the TriZ which is far supeior to the straight length shock system.

The TriZ swingarm pivot bolt runs through the rear of the engine which sits inside the swingarm pivot. I dont know if you could make a Blaster one work, but its a similar style, but no reason when TriZ swingarms sell really cheap.

There is a general assumption that with swingarms longer=better and nothing could be further from the truth. A swingarm length is chosen for a specific purpose or goal. If you choose a longer or shorter swingarm for one purpose, chances are it will hurt you for another purpose. Ifa longer swingarm was magic bullet fix all, they would have simply made them with longer swingarms.

Mosh
08-22-2006, 08:05 PM
the only way i tried a shee swinger in a z frame, is when i mocked a shee motor in the z frame.if you were going with a engine that does not need the swinger bolt in the rear of it,the banshee swinger pretty much fits right in the z frame. i did notice that a couple of 1/32 shims will be needed but no other mods were really needed. i did not get as far as the shock or dogbone linkage though. so i dont know what would be needed there.

badasskfx
08-22-2006, 08:48 PM
i have two tri z swing arms if needed $50 each plus shipping.

NewOldSchool
08-22-2006, 08:59 PM
the only way i tried a shee swinger in a z frame, is when i mocked a shee motor in the z frame.if you were going with a engine that does not need the swinger bolt in the rear of it,the banshee swinger pretty much fits right in the z frame. i did notice that a couple of 1/32 shims will be needed but no other mods were really needed. i did not get as far as the shock or dogbone linkage though. so i dont know what would be needed there.
banshee motor in a z?you got any pics?

Mosh
08-22-2006, 09:47 PM
i said i mocked it in there. in other words i just put parts in loosely to see what had to be done to make the real TRI-SHEE.for now i have abandoned the idea. i will be building a 310 big bore tri-z instead.

NewOldSchool
08-22-2006, 10:45 PM
i said i mocked it in there. in other words i just put parts in loosely to see what had to be done to make the real TRI-SHEE.for now i have abandoned the idea. i will be building a 310 big bore tri-z instead.
dude you should do it anyway.....thats the best idea ive heard yet....like a 250r motor in a trimoto.....how much work would have to be done to the triz to fit the shee motor in it?you mind if i message you?

Bryan Raffa
08-22-2006, 11:03 PM
dude you should do it anyway.....thats the best idea ive heard yet....like a 250r motor in a trimoto.....how much work would have to be done to the triz to fit the shee motor in it?you mind if i message you?

guess we'll just have to wait till nathen's done wont we,,,:naughty: :naughty: