PDA

View Full Version : speedometer

jay
04-02-2003, 10:42 PM
i saw a speedometer on a 250sx on ebay. the write-up said that it was a factory option. i wonder what the chances are of finding one now.

hrc200x
04-02-2003, 11:19 PM
Very hard to find one now. The hardest part would be finding the drive for the front axle otherwise you could probably use any old speedo off a motorcycle. ( I had a drive on my 350x and a odometer but I sold the trike) They also made Tachs as an option. I think I'd rather have a tach, but both would be cool, I seena 350x on www.cycletrader.com along time ago with both a tach and speedo, I think the chances of them surviving in a roll over is slim.

Howdy
04-03-2003, 08:41 AM
I have at least one complete OEM set up. How ever I really don't want to sell. They do get broken in roll overs. I broke one a long time ago. lol
They are a neat item to have, not to mention they are getting hard to find in good shape.
Howdy

bigred110
04-03-2003, 02:36 PM
Where will be good place to get a good cheap tach?

HairlessWorrell
12-15-2005, 11:48 PM
Checkers, Mine Works Great. $40 2 1/2 Inch Pro Tach. It Looks Great And Isnt Huge Like The Factory Option. And I Dont Have To Worry About Wasting 400 Plus On Ebay When I Wreck Because It Is Mounted Down Below Top Bar Level So If You Roll It Wont Crunch It.

Howdy
12-16-2005, 12:03 AM
Checkers, Mine Works Great. $40 2 1/2 Inch Pro Tach. It Looks Great And Isnt Huge Like The Factory Option. And I Dont Have To Worry About Wasting 400 Plus On Ebay When I Wreck Because It Is Mounted Down Below Top Bar Level So If You Roll It Wont Crunch It.

I am sure after 2 years 8 months ( thread is that old ) he has found something or has given up on getting a tach.
Howdy

Tri-ZNate
12-16-2005, 12:04 AM
its been almost 3 years now. I bet he found one by nnow ;)

Ah ya beat me to it howdy

Orangecnty250r
12-16-2005, 12:05 AM
i saw a speedometer on a 250sx on ebay. the write-up said that it was a factory option. i wonder what the chances are of finding one now.

Regular speedometers are still available thru Honda for 50 bucks..and some are available on ebay for a little more. The ones with ATC on them are rare items in new condition. As mentioned the drives are the tricky item...ATC tachs have been talked about here on the boards the past couple days...ATC Tachs are apparently very rare.