PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable dog bone

Ordo
08-21-2006, 01:52 AM
I'm in the process of putting my 85R back together after a full tear down and notice the dog bone on it. I grab the faithful Honda manual and look for the adjustment procedure. Well they are none adjustable as most, if not all of you know. So have any of you guys seen one like this on an R before. Its been on the bike for quit some time as you can see in the pics.

Derrick Adams
08-21-2006, 04:43 AM
Several companies make them. Nice feature to have. Alllows you to set your ride height however you want it!

Yamahondaman
08-21-2006, 07:50 AM
i'd like to know where you got that ?? look's like the one's i used to make...if the middle threaded part is Stainless...."see if a magnet sticks to it" it is one of mine ..plus the ones these days that you can buy "for the 4-wheeler" is diff. , the bushing is bigger and i think the bolt size is diff.

breastman569
08-21-2006, 12:40 PM
i have one on my R and i love it i got an extra 2inch of hight from stock and i needed it being 6'3" 210. to adjust it you loosen the nuts and take a wrench and turn the middle nut either direction for what you need weather it be to lower it or raise it.

Derrick Adams
08-21-2006, 06:25 PM
i'd like to know where you got that ?? look's like the one's i used to make...if the middle threaded part is Stainless...."see if a magnet sticks to it" it is one of mine ..plus the ones these days that you can buy "for the 4-wheeler" is diff. , the bushing is bigger and i think the bolt size is diff.

Ronnie, you have to order the one specifically for the 86-87 TRX. The others are different.