PDA

View Full Version : recoil keeps blowing apart

84honda200s
08-18-2006, 06:09 PM
ok guy i got a brand new recoil rebuild and it keeps blowing apart. no matter what i do it keeps blowing apart. it is driving me nuts !!!!! i am fallowing the steps in the book word for word. what could be wrong????

dickieg89
08-18-2006, 06:45 PM
springville sam, why don't you just mail the recoil to me and I'll rebuild it for you, pm me if interested. I've rebuilt at least 15 recoils, and at least 3 200s recoils in particular.

84honda200s
08-18-2006, 11:30 PM
i took it to a friend this afternoon but if he cant do it i will be sure to let you know. im sick of trying to fix the danm thing.

trikes4life
08-19-2006, 11:59 AM
yeah i rebuilt tons of those things, if ya need help give a hollar. Or if you come up this way sometime soon i am usally hear untill i go back to school (going into the 13th grade). i dont see how there so complicated, there self explainatory. Are you dealing with decompression componets or just the basics. If you had all the parts they sould go together easily. post a few pics of it, maybe i can figure it out.

dreadhed
08-19-2006, 04:08 PM
Your clip might be bad or not cliped on all the way.

sandpuppi101
08-20-2006, 08:28 AM
I think dreadhed got it !! Those clips wear out,actually get sprung and will fit on snug and all but will spin!! When you get it all assembled ,pull the recoil and see if you clip spins on the end ,and make sure you have the proper washer also.I would bet it is the clip!! If you have a new one on there you obviously have other issues ,but it sounds like that clip!!