PDA

View Full Version : recoil keeps blowing apart

84honda200s
08-18-2006, 04:47 PM
ok guy i got a brand new recoil rebuild and it keeps blowing apart. no matter what i do it keeps blowing apart. it is driving me nuts !!!!! i am fallowing the steps in the book word for word. what could be wrong????

ATC-Eric
08-18-2006, 04:59 PM
I had all sorts of problems with my 84s. The pull rope kept braking on it. I ended up just removing the decompression gear and cable, because at the time I had problems with putting it back in everytime I took the recoil off.

Now is the spring itself coming out? That shouldnt happen if it is assembled correctly.

Is your E-ring worn out? That could be the only thing I can think of to explain an "exploding" recoil.

I know you read the book, but make sure and double check that the spring is lined up properly.

Eric

trikes4life
08-18-2006, 05:29 PM
what is blowing apart! i dont understand. i was having a problem because my compression was to high and it was putting to much pressure on the componets . So i put a system with decompression on it, and never had a problem since. I dont know if you want to do any motor work on it but, you could put a 200m head on it, it has manual decompression. U just flip a switch.